• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Final countdown to tummy tuck

Thinking of you today Snail and sending prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery:)

Love Mini xxx

Glad to hear she is doing ok. Send her good wishes for a swift recovery. I am dying to hear her story.

x

Bettyboo

Hi all,

i'm back and doing well, not much pain just discomfort. everything went well and its looks good even though i'm all swollen. here's the story:

Got there about 8am on wednesday, got took into a room to be admitted, had bloods taken which were a bit of a polava cos the doc couldnt get them and finally got them from the top of my wrist on his third attempt - did i mention i'm terrified of having blood taken? the doc was quickly renamed dracula by me and my mum.

Went to theatre about 10.20am, walked up and got on the bed myself. the anaesthetist put the needle in my hand, i felt him fiddling about and then mmy head went numb and i was gone, none of this count backwards from 10 rubbish, i'm glad he did it that way cos i was shi**ing myself.
Next thing i knew i was half awake in recovery and it was hurting, they gave me some morphine and then i started feeling sick so they gave me some anti-sickness which took the edge off. I think they gave me too much morphine cos they kept having to remind me to breath. Was in recovery for ages and finally got down to my room at about 2.30 my mum said. Was pretty out of it most of the night, waking up intermittently to text people and talk to my family. They gave me a drink and some biscuits but i still felt sick so dracula came and gave me some more anti-sickness, but i had no pain which was great. My family went about 8.30 and i had another sleep, woke up about 9 and they put a corset on me and gave me some toast which just hit the spot. Needed a wee about 11pm so i had to get out of bed, was a bit awkward cos i had two drains coming out of my pube area (lol), they stung a bit and i was a bit uncomfortable but again no pain. Got back in bed and drains were stinging so had some co-codamol, first pain killers since the morphine! Needed another wee later in the night but getting up was much easier, slept on and off most of the night really.

Next morning my mum came about 10.30 and helped me have a wash and i just lay in bed all day watching telly and chatting with my mum, had my lunch then had a sleep. Dad came later on and they both went about 9pm, i watched tv for a bit then had another night of on and off sleep til about 7am, got my brekkie about 8am, had a wash and then they changed my dressings and removed my drains (which wasnt as bad as i was expecting). Had a little wash then they put these horrible compression knickers on that i hate, mum and dad picked me up about 11 and i came home and had a little kip in my bed. Family came round to see me last night and i was in bed for about 11pm, took a while to get comfortable but fell asleep about 12.30 and slept through to about 8am. Had a strip wash again and my mum washed my hair for me and here i am now sat at the puter.

All in all its nowhere near as bad as i was expecting. i'm not really in any pain, not had any painkillers today and only had them yesterday for a headache. I'm just uncomfortable and my back aches cos i'm bent over. Going back on wednesday for dressings changed and wound check and then will have stitches out the week after. I'm quite swollen but i can see the results are really good. I'll try and get some pics done but i'll prob have my compression garment on but you can see a major difference anyway.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes and for thinking about me everyone.

I'm so pleased its finally done, i just hope i have a problem free recovery now!

Snail. x

P.S. They removed 1.85kg of skin and fat from the overhang and 0.45kg of fat from the lipo so just over 5lbs in all.

Ooooooooooh snail,

so pleased to hear from you, and thanks for all the details :D

Great that you can see the results already - imagine what it'll be like in a few weeks time when the swelling goes down :p

Take it easy, rest up and look forward to seeing the pictures :D

So very pleased to hear from you snail!

The way you tell it is very good and I think after reading how it went for you if I ever had to have it done I would.

The main thing now is for you to take it easy and get well and fit.

Love to see some photos please:)

Wonderful to have such supportive parents around you and your Mum sounds like a darling.

Thinking of you.

Love Mini xxx

thank you all, am getting better everyday. wll take pics soon, just not found a good time yet lol.

Hi Snail,

How long have you to wear the compression knickers for?

Good to hear your making progress in your recovery.

Love Mini xxx

4-6 weeks :(

had dressings changed today, stitches ou next wednesday. everything is doing fine and looking good. saw my new belly button and its cute, ive seen a few that look like fannies on some before and after photos and am pleased to say that mine is not a fanny button lol.

Glad you are pleased and that it went so well. Dying to see some pics. Mind yourself and have a great Christmas. Maybe this time next year I will have had my tummy tuck as well...............heres hoping.

x

Bettyboo

Results of Tummy Tuck Op

Hi Snail,
Just wondered how you went on with your op. I am having one in November and would love to know how it felt when you had it done and how quickly you recovered from it.:)
Regards
Bagley

I've posted on here before but not for a while.

For those of you that remember i booked to have a tummy tuck a while back, well...

The time has come, i am going in for my full tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction to the love handles on Wednesday. I cant believe its finally here, i feel like ive been waiting forever yet its come round really quick.

I just thought i'd update you all.

Snail. x[/quote]

Hi Snail,
Have just read your report on your op. Can imagine you look great now with all swelling having gone down. So ignore my previous question about how it went. I am new to this site and had'nt realised you had already posted your report.
Regards
Bagley

hi snail,

well done, take it from someone who had it done 10 years ago, never get complacent, try not to go back to your old eating habits. I did and here I am 10years later regretting I didnt watch my weight, I'll never be able to afford it again.

enjoy your new body and look after it.

take care

sun xxxx

hi Snail-

how are you keeping now- just read this thread with interest....am having a tummy tuck myself in 2 weeks and crapping myself :-(

Sian xx

ps did you ever post piccies?

Good Luck Snail,
I had a TT exactly a year ago this month. Id had 4 children and my tummy was huge. It was really good. The problem Ive had is I havent really watched what I have been eating and put weight on but Im determined to lose the weight.

You will look fab!! The girdle you have to wear afterwards is a bit annoying and the relief when you can finally take it off is great.

Good Luck!!
J xx

Back