• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind woes

TheDodge79

Hi all.

Do any of you have any recommendations for relieving trapped wind. Been in pain since op and the peppermint is having no affect at all.

Fairly sure I read on here about something beginning with F but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks in advance.

I had to wear mine for 2 weeks and did. Bloody uncomfortable things!

As for wind try windeze, best thing I found was to keep moving though.

Also wondering if people sticked to the 8 weeks wearing the anti embolism stockings??

I've been told 2 weeks - so glad of that 30 minutes each day when can take them off

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that really worked for me getting rid of trapped wind.

Common suggestions were drinking hot water, peppermint tea, windeeze and many other indigestion type meds. The only thing I did was just to keep moving, you have to remember that the trapped gas you are trying to get rid of isn't trapped in your stomach it's actually in your body cavity where they have "blown" you up to get a better look at things. This trapped gas has to be reabsorbed by the body so that it can exit your body, so taking tablets etc that work on your stomach or bowels isn't going to help until the gas gets there.

It gets better with time and mine was totally gone after about a week - unfortunately it's just something you have to put up with.

With regards to the compression stocking things, I took mine off the morning after my surgery to have a shower and wasn't going to put those old ones back on. I asked for a new pair but never got them, so didn't bother. Because I was so active after my surgery no one seemed to bothered. I would speak to your provider and check with them because everyone seems different.

All the best.

AE.

Not sure about the trapped wind, didn't have any issue with that, but the stockings I took off when I left hospital and didn't need them any more, I just used Fragmin and kept moving.

Don't waste your money....nothing works really on trapped wind,

The only thing to help it along is walking and trumping it out!

I had terrible wind pain, particularly my left shoulder for 3 weeks post op. then on and off for week 4 and this is week 5 and I've not had it at all. So I think it's finally gone. Moving around and doing windmill motions with my arms helped. Plus my wonderful partner massaged my shoulder/back most days and I burped like a baby! I also used a wheat bag that I heated in the microwave and that also gave temporary relief. It will go and you'll soon forget you ever had it.

Back