• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind pains 6 weeks post op!

phatmomma

Nobody told me i'd have horrid wind pains at just over 6 (or is it 7?) weeks post op... Cooked meals give me some severe gripe. Today i've been bent over double in a layby with my hubby and daughter frantically rubbing my back to try and shift my wind! Not only was i really embarassed as it was a fairly busy road but it was bloody painful!!!

I tried not to rush my food, i only ate a little bit of the meat (gammon, yumm) and some veg, no potatoes of any kind and only a little nibble of yorkshire pud...

The worse bit was having to pop to the loo about 4 times whilst in the pub with friends, they were too kind to ask but i'm sure they wondered what i was doing... And yes they all know i've had wls!

Can i take some kind of wind relief after eating cooked meals to save this next time? It was horrible being in pain and trying to enjoy the social occasion at the same time....

You can take deflatine, its sugar free and you chew it so it acts quickly. Alternatively, peppermint tea or gripe water.

Is it the trapped wind in your pouch pain you're getting? The one that feels like a knife going through just under your breastbone?

I took windeze as well Julie, but what I thought was trapped wind ended up being gallstones! I know you have had your GB removed, so it wont be that, but I do sympathise with you being in pain. It's horrid.

Thanks my lovelies, i think i'll go with the chewable deflatine... And yes Sam it is like a knife going through my chest, absolute agony!

Its also caused by taking too big a mouthful as well as eating too fast. Your bite should be no bigger than a rubber on the end of a pencil. If you are following the bite rule and the slow rule you shouldn't be getting any wind pain.

So a sprout in every mouthful was wrong :(

Heck, so much to remember. Thanks Shel x

sorry to ask julie, but is your wind burpy or trumpy? lol every time i have anything to eat, i can feel air being pushed down too, i burp it up and am ok, but nothing i can do can stop it going down (i am still soup and yoghurt diet) but post op, all of the wind was trumpy wind. Also my tummy is making the loudest noises! not sure if it is my old stomach having a moan or the wind in the pouch (instead of willows)
you are the wind beneath my pouch:massmoon:

Wind the going gets tough

Right, apart from the last two days i haven't been farting as much as i usually do, but i did have sprouts yesterday. Usuallly my wind comes up rather than down, as opposed to my surgery!.....

Now stop Wind...ing me up to see if i blow :) xx

AAhh i see you are playing your trump card

Back