• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What exercise are u doing at 5 weeks out?

vickylou

Just wondering what u guys are doing at 5 weeks post op?
Not sure if I am doing too much or too less?

At the mo I am doing 1hour 30 mins of walking with my dogs a day which on my pedometer is a tiny bit under 5k a day?
Tried the gym last week but only did 10mins on the bike and 20 mins on the treadmill as it was packed due to being half term, plus I know I was not going to be doing any weights or anything like that just cardio for now.

But what r you lot doing at this stage?

Sleeping!Told not to exersize for 6 weeks then walking and swimming only.Built up to bikes and treadmill from there.

I'm 7 or 8 weeks post op and I started on the cross trainer around 5 weeks post op. I used to do the cross trainer before my op but could only manage 10 minutes before I was so out of breath, I was on the verge of passing out. Now I can seem to manage 40 minutes continuously quite comfortably.

In addition to that, I'm using weights in the hope that'll help with any loose skin.

I do this every day.

:grouphugg:i am hoping to get to the walking asap 2 weeks maybe? see how it goes,
and popadopalous it should help a little esp in the arms/chest/back area but not many other places hope this helps
good luck x

i started walking around the block the week after my op very slowly to start with and have bulit it up.

Not even walk? I was told to start walking straight away?

Yes i was walking round on the tea time of my op day, each day i did a bit more, was the same when i came home went a bit further each day, didn't start gym until 4 months later but on anight i did bits myself sat on my pilates ball bounced up and down for a while bits like that until you get bit further down the line. you know your own body, do what you can any extra exercise is good. xx

Not even walk? I was told to start walking straight away?
No, the surgeon told me to rest up for 6 weeks then start gentle exercise and build it up. I went out in the xmas sales a few times and done a bit of walking around then, tbh the operation really wiped me out and i felt really tired for weeks after.
Im out walking the dog now and doing a cardio workout every other night & exercise bike every morning b4 work. I can realistically keep this up, went hammer and tongs at the gym last year and burnt out after 3 months!!

Kim

yes iteasy to become obsessed and over do it, and before you know it you have burned yourself out, moderation its down to both exercise and eating. xx some people change with the wind few weeks here then nothing then a new fad, doesnt do you much good really slow n steady thats the way. xx

yes iteasy to become obsessed and over do it, and before you know it you have burned yourself out, moderation its down to both exercise and eating. xx some people change with the wind few weeks here then nothing then a new fad, doesnt do you much good really slow n steady thats the way. xx
Im trying to get enough exercise in without going to the gym, and its saving me £30 a month not going. Im no spring chicken and this op was for health and confidence firstly. Looking good is a bonus but being healthy and happy is top of my list. :)

Kim

I have what was afriend who is my manager who is 43 this month and she is having a mid life crisis, she has lost weight in the last 4 years and it is killing her trying to keep it off, she exercise bout 9 times a week bikes to and from work when weather is ok she goesto bochwa, zumba, kettle bells and pilates, she has done lots of others including the gym but always up for a new fad she is absolutely exhausted. She doesn't say a great lot bout my weight loss only now and again cause she is frightened i give her a run for her money, she has really showed her true colours of late, very self centered and can be really nasty, and sly never used to be like that, i hope that i don't turn like her thats what frightens me most, turning out like that. suppose we all have people like that in our lives. healthy is the way to go not an athlete. xxher latest fad is a tatoo on her wrist. silly girl xx

I have what was afriend who is my manager who is 43 this month and she is having a mid life crisis, she has lost weight in the last 4 years and it is killing her trying to keep it off, she exercise bout 9 times a week bikes to and from work when weather is ok she goesto bochwa, zumba, kettle bells and pilates, she has done lots of others including the gym but always up for a new fad she is absolutely exhausted. She doesn't say a great lot bout my weight loss only now and again cause she is frightened i give her a run for her money, she has really showed her true colours of late, very self centered and can be really nasty, and sly never used to be like that, i hope that i don't turn like her thats what frightens me most, turning out like that. suppose we all have people like that in our lives. healthy is the way to go not an athlete. xxher latest fad is a tatoo on her wrist. silly girl xx
You wont turn out like her, shes sending herself mad trying to obtain the impossible. Im finding its only people who really care about you and your happiness who are pleased for you.

Kim x

I can't wait to be able to take my poor dog out again. We have some beautiful countryside walks 5 mins from my door and I plan on walking the legs off him but it will be 3 weeks before I take him round the block to start with. He pulls like a little steam train.

To tone me up I plan on swimming again it will be in at leat 3 weeks and I'll build myself up gently.

Other than that I ain't interested in gyms or aerobics - essentially I'm too lazy and want to see my family

I can't wait to get back to exercise. I was doing Laos of the ward the next day after my op. We were told walking about gets your circulation going, which helps you to heal faster and gets the wind moving.

I try to do some walking at least 5-6 days out of 7. And I feel I pretty good shape and health :)

Hi

I am about 7 weeks post op and the only exercise I do is walking, I might have lost a few stone since surgery ut I am still riddled with arthritise so cannot run or ride a bike and I am negatively buoyant so find swimming difficult, although I may try again when I have lost a few more stone.

Paul

In days of yore I'd have been burnt at the stake as a witch as I float. I can't swim under water as I just float back up to the surface

Nanny Og said:
In days of yore I'd have been burnt at the stake as a witch as I float. I can't swim under water as I just float back up to the surface

That's me too!! Lol

I enjoy exercise but am not hung up on it, not been while we have been on school holidays but i have apilates ball which i use when i feel like it. I won't be at the gym this week either cause we had planned extra work after school hours but sorted that now so we will start back next week. But walk to and from schol every day and upand down throughout the day, if i sit too long i get that awful pain in my butt. So am still exercising in the normal way at moment. xx

Back