• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trevelyan

Jamast

Hi Trevelyan - I hope you see this. Tried pm'ing you but couldn't do it lol. I was wondering if you could tell me what you took to Treliske, or rather what you actually needed lol.
Thanks.

Hi Hunni i'll drop Her a txt i know she busy busy with work bless her :) x x x hopes all's well x x x

Thank you.
I have a large bag full of everything lol. I really can't see the point of a lot of the stuff I have in there if I go in on Tuesday and come out again on Wednesday. Don't think I'll need pyjamas etc, but would like to be sure.

Did you get a letter along with your pre op diet sheet? i'm pretty sure it tells you what to take in with you, although i would always go prepared just in case :) i know half what i took i didn't need lol

Received a pile of paperwork but absolutely nothing about what to take with me.

ugh typical LOL TBH they don't seem to know their a** from their elbows LOL we had to get the details emailed over because they didn't send detail out in time LOL
I surely get Trevelyan to pop on give ya the low down :)

Thank you. I have been trying to get hold of the bariatric nurse to ask him, but I can never seem to get him.

Yup. He's been on training, it's his day off, he's on a lieu day, he's working at home etc etc. I'm surprised that the coordinator doesn't know what's needed. Lol

No chance lol I needed a dairy free pre op diet sheet , the coordinator sent the normal sheet thru, i phoned and said about the dairy free option, she said oh didn't know there was one LOL
I wish i could say it gets better post op, but not really LOL just as well you have us hunni :) x x x

The team at Treliske are not very inspiring. Had a call from bariatric coordinator today to see why I hadn't confirmed that I accept the op date. I explained that I had actually confirmed TWICE. She apologised and said oh yes, here it is . . . Ooo and here's the second time you confirmed. Sorry.

The conversation continued like this;

Me; Do you have any more information about what I need to take in my bag.

Bariatric Coordinator; you'll need an overnight bag.

Me; I am aware that I will need an overnight bag, but I need to know what I should have in that bag.

BC; Well think about what you would take in an overnight bag, whatever you would take anywhere, take that.

Me; What I would take in an overnight bag would depend on the situation. To a friend's would be clean undies, a toothbrush and possibly a bottle of plonk. A hotel with hubby would include similar but a different style of underwear. A night alone would be massive comfy baggy t-shirt, a book or kindle etc. I've never planned an overnight where I would have having a major operation, so not sure what I need and don't really want to turn up with loads of stuff I won't need. For example, Will I be in a hospital gown, or do I need pyjamas?

BC; erm dunno. I just know you'll be discharged the morning after.

No help there then!!!!!

LOL sounds about par for the course you will be very pleased to know the surgeons are very good at what they do LOL I spoke to Trevelyan shes busy busy with work but says she'll be on to help you soon as she can :)
I took an overnight bag just in case i needed to stay in ......... nightdress, dressing gown, slippers, all washing gear, clean undies, clean leaving clothes (comfy ones) tooth brush and toothpaste. also my vitamins and dry mouth spray all other meds i needed, and a book ............. of course my phone !!

I'm back up hospital next week oh deep joys :)

Thank you. That list is exactly what I've got together, apart from the dry mouth spray. I will look for some of that. Thanks again x

Get some in boots ..... my hubby ordered one from my local chemist £8 and i never used it lol i think boots one is a couple of quid. Oooh and pack your windezze just in case :) All your meds you come home with will be free, just to let you know lol sounds odd but if your day case (bands) you have to pay for prescriptions eeekk roughly £40 but if your in overnight meds get booked to the hospital !!!!!

Thank you. Boots it is then. I'm very lucky in a way as I have free prescriptions for life due to my underactive thyroid. Up to being diagnosed I had a monthly prepayment card, but before that I would be paying £35 a month for my usual meds.

Was lucky too as hubby a pensioner lol but the woman sat with me waiting for her surgery had a bit of a shock !!! i certainly isn't cheep to be sick these days lol

Back