• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pasta and baked beans

kell

Hi all
Im coming up to nearly 4 weeks post op (bypass) and was wondering if any of you post op's knew when its ok to try things like pasta or baked beans?

Would you class these as 'soft foods' as this is what stage I am on now?

(you can tell ive been thinking about food all day! lol)

Thanks x

:)

It really depends on what stage you are directed to be at. Some people are just starting sloppy/puree at 4 weeks. If you have completed sloppy and you are now on soft foods at 4 weeks then you should be okay with baked beans just double check the sugar content as you don't want to dump. Opinions vary as to if pasta is a soft food, my surgeon listed it as a soft food as long as it is tender enough to mash with a fork and is in a sauce of some kind. I would say take it slow, chew until you just can't chew anymore and try one or the other but not both new foods in one meal just incase you don't get on well with one.

When in doubt it is always best to check with your own health professionals. Bets of luck and enjoy.

HTH,
Nic:D

My documentation states not have have those food types till 6 weeks, and then it has to be anything you can eat with a fork - that you can mash down with your fork and do not have to cut. Hope that helps a bit....

Thanks ladies :)

Back