• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trio of Appointments

Karma67

My trio of appts is tomorrow....will technically today since it's 1.40am :eek:

Starting at 1.30pm then next at 2.30pm then last one at 4pm...and i'm excited, worried, and nervous all at the same time lol....

So please wish me luck....and hopefully this is the start of milk diet for the 5% of weight loss as required by my hospital (L&D)...on tuesday lol

Good luck to you Karma, it is good you are getting all the appointments so close together - even if it may seem a bit scarey x

Good luck Karma hope ur journey is a smooth one x

Thank you all for your lovely wishes x

I saw the psychologist 1st, the one appt i was most worried about, had a nice chat, discussed my family history, relationship with food, when i started to gain weight, why did I want to lose weightetc. It lasted about 40 mins..and at the end she told me that they have a meeting at end of each clinic where they discuss patients etc....onto next appt....lol

Bariatric nurse...lovely woman that I saw on my 1st hosp appt back in July. Got weighed...*cough*i have put on weight...asked my why and I truthfully replied..;I have been treating myself more than usual as after today my eating habits will be changing forever'.She went through the operation in more detail, asked what my strategies will be when eating habits raise there ugly head ie snacking when bored etc.

The last appt was with the dietician, and she was running late! whilst waiting a few of us in the waiting room started chatting and comparing notes ...as you do lol. One lucky woman was there for her check after being on the milk diet to lose 5% of her weight when Mr Jain, called up and said that he had a cancellation next week and would she like to hav her surgery then!!! Lucky thing! Also people were saying tht at the end of their appts with the psychologist she told them that she was recommending them for their surgery....she never said that to me so I began to worry!

Finally I was called to see dietician..only about 25mins late but seems forever when your waiting lol, and I told her how some of us got chatting etc about psych decisions and she quickly looked at my notes and said that the psycholgist had written ...'Has good insight and realistic...recommended'..Woohooo lol So the dietician has put me on the milk diet 3-4pints a day as she knew i don't like milk..but I'm not to have less than 3pints. I have to lose 15bs and she has no worries that I wont do it!

So you can now expect to see a new thread about my milk diet journey lol..
Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps some people that may not have got to this stage of the journey yet x

Last edited:
All sounds very positive hun!! Won't be long now!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good news congratulations, a step nearer. Good luck on the milk diet, I will be watching to see how you get on. I must start to loose some weight so might try back on it myself.

Congrats on getting those appointments behind you. Have fun on the milk diet and get that pesky 5% gone so you can get your op.

Congrats on getting those appointments behind you. Have fun on the milk diet and get that pesky 5% gone so you can get your op.

Is the 5% you need to lose 5% of your excess weight or total weight??? Stupid question I know!!

Hi Karma, glad your appointments went well and best of luck with the milk diet, you'll be fine. Why don't you start a diary over in the wls diaries section so we can follow your journey and offer help when needed?

Cuppa xx

Thanks for posting about your appointments. It always good to know how others have got on.

Back