• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trouble eating????

wannaloose18stone

From The Black Country
Hi, I'm now 11 weeks post gastric bypass op and still unable to eat anything other than thinish soup. Anything anywhere near solid no matter how much it's chewed or how little I have just lodges and comes back up, anyone else had this trouble so long after the op???:confused:

Hi I have good days and bad days still. i know that i took me a good few weeks and couldn't eat meat or anything really solid until quite recently. when are you next due to be seen by your consultant?? check it out with them if you are worried. keep me posted x

3 months before I go back to the consultant, I just wondered if what I am going through is normal. I saw the consultant last week and told him I hadnt eaten ANYTHING for 11 days but he wasnt concerned in any way, all he was interested in was if I was taking my multi vitamins.........

That doesn't seem right. they reckon that you should be having 3 small meals a day and i know everyone is different but not eating for 11 days surely can't be good for you. i would give them a bell and say that you are worried. i think the aftercare is appauling and 3 months of not eating can't be good for you. get on to them hun i would xx

I think I'm going to have to, I just cant face anymore soup so other than orange juice and standard drinks I'm eating nothing, everything I try just comes back up.

That's not good at all! You need to seek some advice from them. It's terrible that you say you have not eaten for 11 days and they do nothing!....xx

I've managed up untill now but it's getting really hard now, I cant keep going on bringing everything back up, I cant eat anymore soup so the only solution is a liquid only diet wich isnt much fun.

Hey thats not good, you need to eat something and if you cant then there's a problem, if i were you i'd be going back to see your consultant as that doesn't sound right. just my opinion though !

Good luck !

Have a chat with them and see what they say. others on here have been given mediaction to help them keep things down so maybe that could be an option for you. give them a bell and keep me posted x

My other worry is what can they do about it anyway? I dont fancy another op to cure any problems..........

Tammys right may be over producing acid and therefore its making you sick, if you cant get anything through your stoma it may be thats its swollen or to small, or there may be surgical adhesion (scars) around it that are preventing food going through, all these things can be fixed, but its worth getting all this from your consultant first hand and let them do the investigating.
Just after i had my op i actually missed the act of eating, sitting down to a meal with family and friends is something we take for granted when we are eating, suddenly you cant eat its difficult, get it sorted dude, you'll be much better off even if you are just eating a little

Back