• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trouble taking forceval anyone??

Butterfly38

Is it just me or does anyone else think FORCEVAL are hard to swallow??? I've been taking sanatogen a-z and just changed over to FORCEVAL ...... Taking them is horrendous lol they look like bloody suppositories!!

I didn't find them hard to swallow but they made me sick. Some people leave them out the pack to soften, might help?

I've gone back to sanatogen and no probs.

I didn't find them hard to swallow but they made me sick. Some people leave them out the pack to soften, might help?

I've gone back to sanatogen and no probs.

I've just taken one and was sick !! Think I'll stick to the sanatogen too, haven't had a problem with them all! I have my tabs put in a blister pack so they are already out the pack, I find myself gagging just looking at them ha x thanks

No worries, you're not alone!

I've just taken one and was sick !! Think I'll stick to the sanatogen too, haven't had a problem with them all! I have my tabs put in a blister pack so they are already out the pack, I find myself gagging just looking at them ha x thanks

Please be careful with this. Forceval is the most prescribed multivit worldwide for one very simple reason. It is the best there is, and the only one that will give us all the additional supplementation that we need. They are a bit of a chuffer to get down but if you can persevere you will benefit long term. They really are the best you can get

Ok I'll take your advice and persever with them, see how I go. Thankyou Karlos. Just been looking at your pics, absoloutley amazing you must feel fantastic!!

Ok I'll take your advice and persever with them, see how I go. Thankyou Karlos. Just been looking at your pics, absoloutley amazing you must feel fantastic!!

LOL I did until a couple of years ago, haven't felt great since :) but considering the alternative I don't feel too bad

Seriously if you can get used to Forcival you will be better off.

I understand Forceval is now available on the NHS in a soluble form.

I am another one that feels sick after 10-30 mins after taking them.

Ok guys .... I'll persevere!! You all know what you're talking about. I was buying sanatogen myself, which wasn't a problem, but my gp said she had been advised by my provider to prescribe FORCEVAL so that's why I changed over. I'll keep trying them. Thanks for advice everyone.

I understand Forceval is now available on the NHS in a soluble form.

I am another one that feels sick after 10-30 mins after taking them.

If that is the case that would be fantastic. As with all prescriptions though check with the chemist to see if you can buy the stuff cheaper, or get your GP to give you 3 months supply each time rather than a month. I get all my prescriptions free (Trust me I wish I didn't qualify :eek:) and I often wonder how some people who are not as "lucky" as me and have to pay can afford the price of them.

Just a thought, but when I queried why my provider didn't recommend forceval, they responded that its not as complete as some of the current vitamins out there, but that a good quality a-z with minerals is better.

My hospital recommended sanatogen and my 6 month levels were fine so I'm not worried. I refuse to take something that makes me vomit every morning.

I was discharged from hospital three weeks with a week's supply of Forceval but couldn't face the thought of swallowing them immediately post op. My GP prescribed Forceval Soluble which I have been taking daily for the last two weeks without problem. In fact I look forward to drinking them,they are fruits of the forest flavour and really quite pleasant.

It took me months to get forceval down but seeing as I couldn't keep hardly a thing down the first 8 weeks it's not surprising. I even now have days where the forceval gets stuck and causes cramping all the way down. It's quite painful but I take it a bed time so that if it does go wrong (about once every 2 weeks) then I just lay still and usually fall asleep but I take it in the morning I seem to be at much higher risk for it coming up or causing cramps. If you can't get it down take another complete multi vit and mineral for a few more weeks and then try again. That's what I keep doing.

I'm just taking supermarket own brands A-Z multivit, separate iron and calcium/Vit D tablets as my GP won't prescribe them for me (despite the hospital having written to him). Will I be ok on these?

Is it just me or does anyone else think FORCEVAL are hard to swallow??? I've been taking sanatogen a-z and just changed over to FORCEVAL ...... Taking them is horrendous lol they look like bloody suppositories!!

You mean we are supposed to swallow them :eek: :eek:
Just kidding :D I personally can swallow anything but know these pose a problem for lots of people. Keep them at room temperature, place one length ways as far back on your tongue as possible & drink as much water as you can manage & just don't think about it :) It's your mind that is making it difficult, not your throat ... bet you have swallowed pieces of food bigger than them in the past. Stick with then, sweetie :) xxx

If that is the case that would be fantastic. As with all prescriptions though check with the chemist to see if you can buy the stuff cheaper, or get your GP to give you 3 months supply each time rather than a month. I get all my prescriptions free (Trust me I wish I didn't qualify :eek:) and I often wonder how some people who are not as "lucky" as me and have to pay can afford the price of them.

Chesmist has confirmed that the soluable version is not on the no supply list so I am going to request to switch to it.

As for prescriptions I have other drugs I need to take plus my Lyphoedema garments....

So I get a pre pay card saves me a fortune!

I get sick as a dog with Forceval (and only Forceval - haven't been sick AT ALL with any other food, or drink....ever!).
15 minutes after I take the capsule, which must be as it disolves, my mouth starts the watering thing and I try and try to breath through it but it just doesn't work and I'm sick and sick some more.
This happens if I take it before before food, after food, with food, middle of the night.......just haven't been able to stomach them. I even got the soluable ones and they did exactly the same (albeit with a less offensive flavour!) lol.
I gave up and went on to Centrum for a while with a promise to my dietician to have another go every 6 weeks or so up to a year out.

Am due that go now......been putting it off.......better get on it!!! : (

To be honest I didn't have a problem the first day but today.... Uurrgghhhhh it was a nightmare, I swear I can still taste it from this morning lol but after speaking to people on here I'm going to try and stick with it. I'm struggling with eating as it is, being sick after most things so it's vital I get the best supplements I can x

Back