• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Truth please

Stevie0412

What does a fill feel like? I have my first one booked for the 27th April amd Im scared. When they say uncomfortable does that mean blood test or smear test uncomfortable?!?!

Hi Stevie
Don't worry Defo not like that just like having and injection uncomfortable sometimes you feel like they are being a bit heavy handed pushing on your tummy but some fill nurses are brill if they get it in first time all the better. Sometimes you may have to raise your legs that's usually the hardest bit lol but absolutely nothing to worry about and if your really bothered you can get some numbing cream from the chemist but you won't need it good luck x

Phew! Aw thank you so much!! Don't mind how much shoving they do it's the spiking that bothers me!! Feel much better now thank you so much!
xxx

?why do you need to raise your legs?!

When you lie down and left your legs slightly, your stomach muscles tense and that makes it easier to access the port - it pushes it towards the surface.

Thats why :D

Fills do not hurt as long as everything goes as it should. You may get prodded a bit if the port isn't 100% visible/accessable but thats because they only want to have to inject you once ;)

You'll. Be fine,my port has flipped on its side so it's a bit fiddly to get it but it certainly doesn't hurt,all nurses are different I had one that was that quick I was convinced she hadn't done anything lol x
Good luck hun x

Hay my port has also flipped onto its side. But they still get it. I would compare it to giving blood lot easier than a smear...you get to keep you knickers on lol

Bleeding hell girls. WE have gone through a huge surgery...this is puss easy in comparison lol xx

Hay my port has also flipped onto its side. But they still get it. I would compare it to giving blood lot easier than a smear...you get to keep you knickers on lol

Bleeding hell girls. WE have gone through a huge surgery...this is puss easy in comparison lol xx
Get to keep your knickers on lol that's hilarious
My nurse finds if she does it while I'm standing it's easier x

I don't know of anyone else feels this, but I can feel the water going into the band! Kind of like a bubbly feeling, very weird!

Not painful at all though, it's over with before you know it. Good luck xxx

Hi nomadb. You're a few weeks ahead of me, how is your healing process going? How many fills have you had? Are you feeling much restriction? Questions!!! xxx

Hi Stevie,

I've had two fills now so got 4.75ml in total. During your first fill they will check if there is any water in your band already because they flush it out during the op to check for holes. Mine had 1.75ml in it already! So your first fill will take a little longer but it's still fine. Just a weird sensation. Was upped to 3.75 in my first fill and given an extra 1 last time. They said they will never give more than 1 at a time.

I haven't got much in terms of restriction yet, I'm still controlling my portions myself. But the big difference is in not feeling hungry at all in between meals. I have little interest in food which is amazing - unless it's in front of me, that is! The dietician reckons i'm nearly there, a couple more fills maybe. Next one booked on the 20th of april.

Let us know how you get on. Honestly, no need to worry. I ended up in a weird semi-sit-up position last time! Lol

xxx

Back