• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking of trying...

fbscpa

a VLCD (LL of cambridge)

I'm due a second band fill on saturday but I know I haven't lost anything, maybe gained a little. Sometimes in the morning I have some restriction but then other times I'm hungrier than every. Also my sweet tooth is getting the better of me - definatley a sugar addict!

I thought a VLCD might "reset" my pallet and kick start some weight loss, with the band there to help maintain any weight I do lose. I know I'm being a bit impatient with the band but I expected to have lost significantly more than I have by this stage.

I did lighter life a few years ago and lost 5 stone on it, getting down to my goal weight. Unfortunatley after maintaining for a few years the weight crept back up, leading to my decision to get the band.

Does anyone know if there's any contraindications to following a VCLD whilst having the band?

Don't do it!

Stick to healthy band friendly foods. Take this time to re educate your taste buds and make some positive changes.

If you did do it - as you already know, as soon as you start eating again, the weight comes back.

Good luck x

Argh i know your probably right I just feel like I've wasted my money so far with the band. Even if I cut everything out for just a month or so I'd hope it might reset my taste buds as it were & kick start my weight loss.

If you're drinking your food it will slide straight through the band and won't do anything to ease your hunger. If you're going to control your diet why not count calories? That way you could restrict as much or little as you want to, while focusing on the solid, textured food that will work with the band when you get some restriction.

Good luck:)

Don't do it!

Stick to healthy band friendly foods. Take this time to re educate your taste buds and make some positive changes.

If you did do it - as you already know, as soon as you start eating again, the weight comes back.

Good luck x

^^^^ this.

Going to a liquid only diet with a band as Sarah said won't help. Why don't you consider something such as weightwatchers it slimming world. WW in particular us inline with what we need cal wise for a band, but you have the freedom then to focus on the protein.

It's hard, I hinder stand it's really hard. I've had 4 weeks of gains despite following my guidelines to a tee, despite running, despite gym and walking 7-10 miles a day! The band isn't a quick fix, and while you're working to restriction it can be damn hard work!!?

Use the fill to help, we go back on fluids for 3 days, so I go back to my milk diet and this can really help to focus, followed by 3 days mush. That can often be enough yo help bring some focus back. Talk to your provider, ask them for help, guidance, meal and good plans, but these diets don't work in the longer term and the band is a long term thing.

Ok I might give weight watchers a chance first then. Just soooo frustrating, a little nervous what the nurse will say since I've gained 4-5 lb since my first fill.

I've given up booze for January but seem to have replaced alcohol with baking sugary things, not ideal!

Thanks for the advice. I know the band wouldn't make a difference when drinking but once you're in ketosis you're no longer hungry anyway. Guess I should give the band a proper chance first. As with everything, I want it yesterday. Even though I knew the band wouldn't be easy I was expecting less appetite. I can still eat a full sandwich & most meat so guess I'm no where near properly restricted yet.

hiya! i think given you didnt get your band till november youve done quite well in terms of weight loss going off your stats. I would say i made the mistake for a few weeks of sticking to slider food in order to get my protein levels high enough but it left me really hungry. Chicken is my saving grace! try chicken and lots of it! x

Ok I might give weight watchers a chance first then. Just soooo frustrating, a little nervous what the nurse will say since I've gained 4-5 lb since my first fill.

I've given up booze for January but seem to have replaced alcohol with baking sugary things, not ideal!

Thanks for the advice. I know the band wouldn't make a difference when drinking but once you're in ketosis you're no longer hungry anyway. Guess I should give the band a proper chance first. As with everything, I want it yesterday. Even though I knew the band wouldn't be easy I was expecting less appetite. I can still eat a full sandwich & most meat so guess I'm no where near properly restricted yet.

You've only had one fill, it's rare to find restriction at that point, but restriction doesn't always mean that you can't eat certain foods so that's not always something to go on.

A band isn't a quick fix and are you placing an unrealistic or too high expectation on it and the results? Average 1-2lb loss per week and you're on target, you're doing it,

If you're gaining look at the foods you're eating - are you eating the sugary things you're baking? If so you have your answer on the gains. You need to go back to basics, dry crunchy band friendly healthy food choices because it's those choices that will work with the band while you find and get restriction that will lead to the weight loss. Without us making those choices, without us working with the band we won't lose.

Willpowers needed ongoing with the band, but you will only get results if you make the right choices... :)

Back