• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Bugs

julieann

Hi all
I have been a member now since I had my band fitted two years ago. I must be honest and say that I haven't posted on here for a few months now, mainly due to personal problems, but I do log in regularly and check on everyone's posts. My question is to any fellow banders and maybe a rather odd question to ask but here goes. Is it still possible to get sickness bugs when at good restriction??? As disgusting as it sounds we all know how easy it is to get food stuck, so how could you be sick if it has to come back up through the band, if that makes sense. The only reason I ask this question (and I don't want to tempt fate) is that ive felt very very sick over the last couple of days along with the gripey tummy but can't be sick. Hope someone out there can shed some light xx

Yes you can, two weeks ago I had a very nasty bout of food poisoning and was sick for hours...

It seems ok now but for a week after I was very tight.

Dont know if its the same for you but my bypass I have had tummy bugs but I cant be sick and have to wait for it to come out the other end. could it be the same for you?

Jo
xx

I had tummy bug last week, and even tho I didnt vomit I still had the gagging reflex( soz for tmi) like I was going to be . Last about 5 days or so ,even the thought of drinking water made me feel worse, but needs must etc.... :-(

Back