• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Application

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals

I was informed by my surgeon in March that I would benefit/need an upper and lower tummy tuck ( not sure wot the correction terminology for this is called) anyhow.........he said that he would write a letter to support my referral ( which I double checked yesterday and they still will:D) All I have to do is go to my gp and get a referral for plastics and see which way the land lies there ( What, if anything is needed for me to be taken on board), when I think of what too say to my gp I get all ....not confused as such, worried I might say the wrong thing & I am not sure how to put my case across without fluffing it up lol, I intend to see my gp this week and any suggestions for anyone that has been there/done this senario any tips would be gratefully received - Thanks in advance for reading xxx

Julie i have no idea but want to wish you luck and hope that you get all the help needed to get yourself nipped n tucked in all the right places xxx

i would highlight the fact that you have lost almost 90lb in weight yourself that you have worked really hard to become a healthier you and if you do have alot of excess skin which requires a tummy tuck i would tell them that after working so hard to lose the weight this excess skin is affecting your body image and self confidence. point out that you were hoping it would not have been too bad when you had lost what you needed to but now you are there this is a big issue for you psychologically so to speak. i once heard that if the excess skin hangs over alot so to speak this is a step in the right direction but body image and how that impacts on you is a big factor. and i reckon another big factor will be your amazing determination and overall weight loss to date go for it you've nothing to lose except a few more pound if they do it for ya lol:D hope i've helped i tend to ramble:O

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck Julie. It seems to vary so much from area to area but I would say the least you can expect from your GP is to find out the funding criteria for you.

Any infections, or emotional problems due to the excess skin will help your cause.

Julie, I agree with Sam about any infections etc. You have clearly had some problems in that area so I would highlight those. Good luck.

tranquil x

Hi BlueDiamond,

I have gone through the NHS for my Tummy Tuck which I had wanted since my Daughter was born 5 years ago. I approached my GP for the 3rd time exactly a year ago and told them how much it affects me on a daily basis, so much so it was ruining my life, my marriage and that my Daughter was losing out as I couldn't bare taking her to social functions. I had to jump through hoop after hoop, see a psychologist, a psychiatrist and fight with the PCT to get an approval for funding which came through in October last year. Things moved pretty quickly over the last few months and my TT was done on 23rd May this year.

I think it's the same as a lot of other bariatric operations in the sense that the postcode lottery plays a part, but if you have issues with infections because of the overhang, or substantial weight loss which has been stable and maintaned for a certain period of time then that goes in your favour. You may be able to Google your PCT's criteria for Exceptional Circumstances Funding.

Keep us informed and Good Luck!

Back