• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Help

jessikahlashes

Hello, I am new to this forum so have no idea if I am posting in the right place!! I hope everyone is doing well and thought I would join here for someone to chat to about what is going with me at the minute, before I start I thought I'd tell you a little bit about me so here goes!! My name is Jess and I had been overweight my whole life, when I was 6 I was very big and at just 10 used to visit a dietician weekly for help with my weight, joined y first slimming class at 11 and struggled, when I was 12 my mum passed away and as amazing as my dad was at being both my mum and dad for my teenage years, take away food and big portions became the norm in my house! Before I know it I'm 16 and 17 stone, I struggled through school and sixth form with my weight and met my partner when I was 18, we soon fell pregnant with our daughter and I gained 2 stone through my pregnancy, when my daughter was only 5 months old we fell pregnant again with our second daughter! I gained another 2 stone through pregnancy so there I was, 21 years old with my fiancé and 2 beautiful little girls and I weighed 21 and a half stone, realisation hit that I could barely care for myself let alone my 2 girls and my partner was more of a carer. So I decided to go to slimming world and in 17 months lost 11 and a half stone and now I'm 10 stone and have been at target for 2 years, bmi has gone from 45 to 23. Anyway to get to the point of telling you my entire life story!! I thought losing the weight with fill me with confidence and infact I've been opposite, my loose skin stops me doing anything. I don't want to go into it too much but I am very affected by it, don't go out much and have got sores and a few other medical things going on. I went to my gp and broke down and applied for a tummy tuck, I was refused a tummy tuck, 6 months later I went back for several appointments with my gp as mentally I could feel I was breaking, he said he would apply one more time but not to get more hopes up. Last week I received a letter saying funding for a tummy tuck has been agreed as I meet full criteria and I have literally been dancing around for a week, all I ever wanted was to be normal and now I feel I could have that chance, I just wanted to ask of anyone here has had a tummy tuck on the nhs and what the waiting time is like? I received my letter last week saying funding had been accepted and that my gp was to forward the letter to a surgeon who would meet me for an appointment and then do the op, I just want to know how long I'm likely to wait and to hear other people's experiences. Thank you to anyone that replies an I send lots of love to all xxxxx

I'm three days post op for tummy tuck, waiting time in Sunderland UK is 12 to. 16 weeks not sure where you are?

I got mine private , I'm in a lot of pain but well worth it already xx

Good luck and wel done on ya weight loss x

MrsSAFC said:
I'm three days post op for tummy tuck, waiting time in Sunderland UK is 12 to. 16 weeks not sure where you are?

I got mine private , I'm in a lot of pain but well worth it already xx

Good luck and wel done on ya weight loss x

Wow thanks for reply and fab on having the op, how are u feeling? Did all go smoothly for you? Are you happy with results? Sorry so many questions lol, I'm in Newcastle xx

I'm ok recovery is tough much tougher than bypass. I'm 3 weeks post op and just starting to feel " ok" wound was healed and then I start "spitting" stitches which is so annoying. Some people recover fine from tt but I'm struggling. I know it will get better. I'm liking the results however just being a wimp lol

I think you are very brave Mrs SAFC, unfortunately it will not be offered to me my op was year gone August and there is now ay I could go private, it will be something I will have to endure.

Jess well done on achieving such a great weight loss and sorry to hera the llose sking has had a very bad effect on you, I hope you get an appointment very soon and the best of luck xx

I'm ok recovery is tough much tougher than bypass. I'm 3 weeks post op and just starting to feel " ok" wound was healed and then I start "spitting" stitches which is so annoying. Some people recover fine from tt but I'm struggling. I know it will get better. I'm liking the results however just being a wimp lol

Oh I hope you feel back to normal soon. I am 17 months post bypass and my stomach is shocking, limbs a little saggy but the stomach :cry::cry:

I went private for my bypass, would it be rude for me to ask what a tt private costs? I understand if you don't want to share. :)

I hate the stress and nerves pre op but I still think about having a tt even though I know it is not an easy recovery. After my bypass I had complications and ended up in hospital form a good while in a lot of pain so I do have the experience of not such a smooth ride. It think, cold I put myself through it all again? But then I see myself naked and would give anything for a tt.

I am 31 with no children as yet and part of me would like to know what not having a belly would be like...it has always been a nuisance in my life!

I am only 2 months out but I will most prob need a tummy tuck. I had to go private for my sleeve as I didn't meet NHS criteria so I will have to pay for my tuck. A friend of mine had a tummy tuck done privately. She says she feels very sore, especially from the lipo part but she looks amazing! Her stomach is flat already, and she is so happy she has had it done. I was told by the bariatric team it would be between £5000-£6000 :)

Last edited:
Hi Sashie
I had my sleeve same place as you, and also planning a tummy tuck. Had your friend met her weight loss target already? I am working up to a plastics consultation to get an idea of costs and timescales. Scary thought!!
Crackers x

Hiya yes she had lost all her weight and got down to a BMI of 20 all in 7 months!
Let me know how you get on. I'm early days yet, but Lorna knows I want it done! lol :) xx

My tummy tuck was £7000 that included lipo to " flanks" and muscle repair. I've found it soooo bad I'm not sure I would ever do it again. I know people who have breezed it. The surgeon was aggressive with lipo and skin removal she said. 4kg went! So thought it might be that. Could only take paracetamol as I had reaction to the other stuff and we can't take NSAIDs! Other stuff began with T.... Can't think of the name. I wanted me boobs done but I'm too scared to be honest x I do have a lovely flat tummy if you give me ya email I'd show you me before n after x

Hello everyone sorry haven't been around for the past 8 months but thought I'd have a quick pop on and see what was happening and omg .. My fab friend mrs safc has had a tummy tuck and I didn't even know... I'm due to get mine in next 8 weeks but am having doubts .. Email me and give me all the details Hun I'm so excited for you xxx

I think you ladies are brave, I have loose skin & am not happy with what I see in the mirror anymore now than I was at my heaviest. I mentally toy with the idea but shy away from going to far down the what if road as even if funding either from the nhs or my pocket I'm not sure I could be brave enough to go through with it. I'm about to have counselling for lots of personal challenges so may end up with some help with my feelings & emotions about this whilst dealing with the rest of my problems.
Good luck to each of you as you go through your surgeries & recoveries I look forward to reading about your experiences as you travel this route.

I . couldn't do it either but am worrying quite a lot lately about my saggy bottom,legs.tummy,boobs,arms etc etc they look ok in clothes and my wonderful hubby has never once said anything derogatory about it even told me to stop worrying he says it's not as bad as I think :) but I am going on holiday in May first time in 26 yrs and don't want to wear a swimming costume short dress or anything like that :(

Despite my saggy wobbly bits I wore a bikini last summer 13mths post-op thought I looked ok in them until I saw my reflection but hubby for him was supportive. You can see my bikini pic on my profile. If I can brave it I'm sure with hubby's loving support you'll manage a costume.

Hello everyone sorry haven't been around for the past 8 months but thought I'd have a quick pop on and see what was happening and omg .. My fab friend mrs safc has had a tummy tuck and I didn't even know... I'm due to get mine in next 8 weeks but am having doubts .. Email me and give me all the details Hun I'm so excited for you xxx

Tried to email you but it bounced back?

Hi all really interested in those thread as I will be a year post op Feb 4th. I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon on the 30th of this month and Im going to ask to be reffered to plastics. Tummy tuck and boob lift desperately needed. I'm under Sunderland royal so any info or help would be great xx

Despite my saggy wobbly bits I wore a bikini last summer 13mths post-op thought I looked ok in them until I saw my reflection but hubby for him was supportive. You can see my bikini pic on my profile. If I can brave it I'm sure with hubby's loving support you'll manage a costume.

I was just having a look for your bikini pic but couldn't see it. Am I going mad/looking in the wrong place? :) x x

No your right I can see it either it maybe because the picture hasn't been saved to her profile only added to the post can't help sorry as I'm only on my phone as laptop not handy it was on a recent post as I saw it x

Back