• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TUMMY TUCK BUDDIES OUT THERE?

hilssinger

Hi all.
I'm pretty new to the site so hope you don't mind me starting a new thread on here. I lost about 6 1/2 stone a couple of years ago (WW then LL) and have pretty much maintained. BUT I have got the dreaded loose skin and apron so have finally booked in for a TT (having to pay myself). So the date is November 19th, I'd like to get another 7 - 10lbs before I go and I'm nervously excited. If anyone has any advise or is going through anything similar, I'd love to hear from you. Hils :)

just remember really a week preferably two you need to be on refeed and higher your calories ready for surgery and not be on a vlcd so 1000 upwards .

Good luck for the 19th nov it will soon fly by, i am having tummy tuck done 13th october so now on count down for monday.xx

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hey thanks Jules, really helpful. And lots of luck for Monday, hope it goes really well. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let me know how it goes when you feel up to it ! Hils

Hey Hils! I think I'm your ideal candidate!

I'm going in for my TT on November 25th. I'd like to shift another 7 or so pounds too but my hubby and mum keep moaning at me to stop dieting now as I need to be strong for the op and I'll lose more because of the removal of the excess skin and loss of appetite after the op.

So I guess I'm maintaining at the mo which is hard as I'm stressing right now due to moving house a week before the op and uni assignment due in!!! :eek:

xx

Hi I stumbled across this site looking for information on fleur-de-lie tummy tuck that I'm having Jan 15th (only got my op date today)

After loosing 11 stone it is a long awaited op but am still feeling nervouse mixed with elation I wish you all the best with your forth coming surgery and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences healing time etc.

x

I had my tt on the 13th october this year, i stayed in hosptial for 6 days as i was draining too much fluid in the drains over a 24hour period and i had to get to under 30mls for them to be pulled out. When i woke after op i felt very sick and was given medication to stop this which worked very quickly. The pain to me was moderate and i used a morphine pump for two hours that i controlled but it was removed as my blood pressure went too low. From then on i was on paracetamols, day 2 i had 8 and then day 3and 4 i had 4 and day 5 and 6 down to 2 , since then i havent taken any.
The drains being pulled out were a very weird sensation were one side was fine and the other was a quick breathtaken pain which stopped once they were out.
I am 9 days po and am walking 99% upright , i am in no pain and the only thing i find awkward is sleeping as i cant sleep on front like im used to as it feel like i will pull apart lol

Everyone is different how they react to tt pain ect and im sure i have a high pain threshhold as was told by consultant it is quite unusual to be off strong painkillers as quick as i was , also i was up and walking the evening of the operation and each day i was up at 6am i got washed and new nightie and sat in chair rather than in bed and walked several times during the day around hospital with my two drains in a knitted bag in tow.

I have got the swelling going on at the moment but i am more than happy with results so far. ANy further questions feel free to pm me . I have got pics if you want to see them but need to pm me for password

julesrush
cdc norwich

Wow julesrush! You are so brave. I'd love to see your pics. Do you have pre and post op shots?

I hope I cope with mine as well as you coped with yours. I have two full sleeve tattoos though so I guess I've already established that I have a pretty good pain threshold!

I'm just trying to be really good to myself at the moment so my body is in tip-top form when I go for the op. No going out getting drunk every weekend, taking all my vits, getting enough sleep (although the sleep bit is hard right now because my brain is constantly racing)!

How are you feeling now anyway hun? I know everyone's diffferent but I'm eager to know how long it will be before the swelling goes down and I can get back in my normal clothes. Mostly because my friends are in a successful band that are in LA recording a new album and at Xmas they always do an intimate home town gig for friends and family. I had to miss it last year and might have to this year because I'll only be 4 weeks post op.

Thanks for sharing your experiences hun. I'm looking forward to also sharing mine. Where did you have it done? I answered your same question on the other thread. Mine's at Cambridge Addenbrookes.

xx

I had a mini tuck (and boobs done!) in 2006, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has - honestly!!

Edit - I've a half sleeve tattoo, so I knew about pain already too!

Last edited:
There is a pic of my tummy now in my private album (if you'd like to see it you'll need to join my friends list)
Not perfect, but I don't regret doing it. :)

Wow munkypooh! We have so much in common. Poo in our usernames, tattoos, tummy tucks!

Did you have your procedures done privately or through the NHS? What did you have done to your boobs? I need a mastopexy because of severe sagging. They're like big huge empty sacks. I can roll them up and pull the loose skin all around the place. They make me feel like I'm 90 yrs old! They also give me jip in the summertime (itchy rashes, etc) and they cause me as much depression as my excess tummy skin but my GP only referred me for my tummy. My plastic surgeon advised me to go back to my GP because he agreed that they need sorting out.

However, I was just reading on the web last night that my particular PCT doesn't fund mastopexy ops even with medical grounds (which I do have according to other PCTs that will fund it). :(

I am so glad that my tummy is being sorted but if I can't find a way to get rid of my itchy 90 yr old boobs I am still going to be depressed because only the half the job will have been done. I told my hubby I'd rather have a flat chest than have the boobs I have right now.

I was so lucky in my early 20s before I gained the weight. I was a size 10 - 12 with DD cup boobs! But I really don't care about size nowadays. I just want a normal pair of boobs that don't give me itchy rashes and make me feel deformed! An A cup will be just fine!

Every other part of my body I have been able to get back relatively to normal through diet and exercise but the belly and boobies are a no go! Makes all the hard work seem like a waste of time. I mean, if I'd have stayed heavy at least my boobs would be normal and not disfigured. :(

xx

Hi Poppypoo!

I've added you to my friend list so you can see my pic now. I must admit, that is the BEST it looks, it's not perfect....you can see a line/sudden indent. However...I can now run without worrying it will fall over the top of my trousers!!! :) Boob-wise I had a real problem with totally unevenness....had them made equal and a 'bit' bigger, like you I wasn't interested in having big perfect p3 boobies, just nice ordinary ones are fine for me :)

~Edit - I paid through the nose for all mine £££, had them done in the same operation, never done before by the surgeon- NOT ADVISED! Really hard recovery!!

Last edited:
Not perfect?! What planet are you on? Your tummy looks amazing! ;)

I know, I know. We are all our own worst critic - but oh my god! Your surgeon has done an amazing job and your scar appears to be fading really nicely. You must be so happy.

I can't wait to get rid of my unwanted skin. It's gonna be a huge relief to kiss goodbye to something that has been the bane of my life for 10 years and destroyed my youth. I'm only 33 and I will finally be on the road to actually feeling like it when I get undressed. :)

The problem with my TT scar is that it has no fat cells whatsoever in it. If I have any weight/fat on my tummy it doesn't bulge in a normal rounded way it goes into a straight shelf-like wedge along the straight line of the scar....I am not trying to put anyone off, as I said I'm glad I did it, but I was given the impression it would be smooth and look rather a lot better than it does. My boyfriend actually says he doesn't think it looks any better and was a waste of time! I just feel more comfortable as it is tighter now so I can exercise and dance without feeling self-conscious :)

Oh men can be totally oblivious though can't they. As long as you feel it was worth it and your self esteem has improved that's all that counts. I think you have a lovely tum and if I wasn't going to be getting one soon I'd be jealous!

I love your artwork by the way. What a talent! Oh and nice tats! ;)

I'm going to add some pre-op pics of my belly soon.

xx

I do have the pre-op polaroids of my full torso before surgery, but I find them a bit too distressing to consider sharing!! Actually just thinking about it made me realise how worthwhile it was getting it all done!!

No worries chick. It's understandable. My skin is extra thick as well as stretched and saggy so I'm not too fussed. My dad would say it's the Yorkshire Lass in me! ;)

I think the big thing is going into a tummy tuck is to expect it too hurt alot - anything less is a bonus, i have had soo little pain that i considered a back to back birth of a 10lb/5 baby alot worse, other people are off their feet for days - weeks, it also depends on how much you are having cut and if you are having muscle repair ect.

Also i went into this op hoping that anything would be an improvement on what i had, i dont expect to have a washboard stomach or able to wear a bikini all of a sudden or even ever, for me it was to get rid of the huge overhang. The scar is huge but for me i can cover it up and know the skin is gone underneath my clothes.

My doctor also applied for me to have something done with the skin on top of thighs but our pct doesnt cover this. I feel very lucky to get this chance as i know of many others who were turned down by their pct .

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hi Jules. Thanks so much for sharing your pics. The piece of fat is interesting! :eek:

You've done so well to lose all that weight. Did you do it all on CD?

I didn't lose quite as much as you so there's less skin to remove. And I luckily my arms and thighs, etc have snapped back ok. It's just my tummy and boobs.

I've been told I should be able to wear a bikini again but if I end up unable to, I don't care. Like you say, looking better in your clothes has to be the biggest thing.

I'm having muscle repair done too so I guess that will involve extra pain. Have suffered 2 c-sections so I guess I have some idea of what to expect. I was messed up for a couple of months after my first.

Thanks again, Jules. Keep us posted on your recovery progress. :)

xx

Back