• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Help

Jinjanut

Hi there, I had my tummy tuck on Friday and wanted to know if anyone else has had one and if they have any tips for a quicker recovery? I had very low blood pressure after the TT and kept passing out. Have been discharged and I am resting until my wound check on Friday

Tray3004

Carnt help sorry just wanna wish u a speedy recovery x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
nope, im sorry im not even skinny yet lol but i do wish you a speedy recovery too x

Cicca

Had mine 2 years ago, had very low blood pressure too. I never faint but came close after my surgery. I laid on my back for the 1st week that's after a 7 day stay in hospital due to a blood loss. It was an uphill struggle, rest and more rest is all I'd say helped. I was bent over for weeks unable to straighten up. Had three weeks off work and then went back part time for a further 3 weeks. It was worth it in the end of course but I did find it the hardest part of the journey.

Anna x.

lyndajoan

tummy tuck xx

Had mine 2 years ago, had very low blood pressure too. I never faint but came close after my surgery. I laid on my back for the 1st week that's after a 7 day stay in hospital due to a blood loss. It was an uphill struggle, rest and more rest is all I'd say helped. I was bent over for weeks unable to straighten up. Had three weeks off work and then went back part time for a further 3 weeks. It was worth it in the end of course but I did find it the hardest part of the journey.

Anna x.

i really like it when people tell it as it is as sometimes we forget just how hard it is in the first days , weeks after surgery. thanks anne. x:D

Cicca

You're welcome, I'm always honest! There's no point dressing up the truth, I wish id been part of this forum on my journey - I was in la la land and thought it would all a text book experience. Couldn't be further from the truth, everybody's experience is different.

Any question just ask!

Btw I still wear my support garment two years on, I find it comforting.

Jinjanut

Thank you for the nice messages ladies. I found this op much harder than the gastric bypass. My blood pressure is getting better. Just need to rest now. Good luck to you all too x

Rustyangel

Hi Jinja

As far as the blood pressure thing goes, I think Cicca hit the nail on the head with rest. Try to drink plenty of fluids too. Despite a pre-op seminar, I was also shocked at what an uphill climb recovery would be, but you will get there. xxxx