• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two years since surgery Gastric Bypass

hi all just a quick update I had a gastric bypass in Jan 2016 and it has not been an easy process as I have been one of the unlucky people that has suffered sickness since day one and still see surgeon as they can't seem to find out why - last visit talked about reversal if any more weight lost due to BMI now underweight I must admit it can be quite upsetting when people ask friends and family if I 'poorly' as I look so thin and frail but hey ho it will get better I'm sure!! My hair is still very thin and I have extensions in it to thicken it up which does make my face look a bit fatter if that makes sense!! I'm a size 6 now which sometimes is a little big but hopefully I will start to put weight on soon. I sometimes wish I had never had the bypass when I am so sick I can't get out of bed but then I will have a couple of good days and think this is not so bad after all! I do have more good days now and it has not caused me to miss work as I refuse to let this beat me and have people say it's my own fault for having the surgery. It has been a massive journey and learning curve and one which I researched fully prior to undertaking but as we all know we can not control how our bodies will react to any changes made to it! I know plenty of people who have had the same surgery and are fine I just happen to have had issues which hopefully will go and I will get more and more good days! Weight loss has now stopped so now just have to start to gain a little but we all know even though I know I need to put weight on it scares me to death!!!

Its great that you've figured out something to eat to stop the weight loss. When will you find out if you have to do a reversal?

Good luck!

@westiegirl1

Happy Surgiversary! :0clapper:

Sorry that you've had a rough time of it though. Hope you start to gain some weight , And, the surgeon can try to sort your problems out, So you can start to feel more better in yourself.
Good Luck x

Toni:rainbow:

Back