• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Types of weight loss surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have my first appointment after just getting the approval for surgery on may 5th but wanted to read up on the different types of surgery available before hand so I know what. I am looking at I am at Walsall manor can any tell what the types of weight loss surgery are please. And which is most effective thanks x

Hi Donna .

To be honest the list is quiet extensive and comes in various genres tailored for different patients ..
I would suggest you call a weight loss hospital or a weight loss broker , like The Hospital Group or Obesity Surgery centre .. They will ask you about your weight , eating habits etc and then advice you the best surgery for you ..
It does clime down to cost though if your going private of course and how much you want to spend ..
A gastric band is approx £6,000 which isn't perminant and can be removed , or permanent surgery like a mini bypass that can be the best part £11,000 , if done in the UK ..
please take plenty of advice and time over choosing the right one for you ..
xxx

Try the dummies guide to weight loss surgery - it explains the different operations and how they are done. I found it useful. Also useful when explaining the surgery to other people.

Other than that read people's diaries - the figures the Drs give don't always match what people do in real life.

You need to identify what help you need/ what sort of eater you are and that will help you identify the right surgery for you.

Good luck!

Hi Donna .

To be honest the list is quiet extensive and comes in various genres tailored for different patients ..
I would suggest you call a weight loss hospital or a weight loss broker , like The Hospital Group or Obesity Surgery centre .. They will ask you about your weight , eating habits etc and then advice you the best surgery for you ..
It does clime down to cost though if your going private of course and how much you want to spend ..
A gastric band is approx £6,000 which isn't perminant and can be removed , or permanent surgery like a mini bypass that can be the best part £11,000 , if done in the UK ..
please take plenty of advice and time over choosing the right one for you ..
xxx
Thankyou I am going through the hospital and having the operation done on the NHS but I will read up on everything thanks for the advice

Try the dummies guide to weight loss surgery - it explains the different operations and how they are done. I found it useful. Also useful when explaining the surgery to other people.

Other than that read people's diaries - the figures the Drs give don't always match what people do in real life.

You need to identify what help you need/ what sort of eater you are and that will help you identify the right surgery for you.

Good luck!
Thankyou I will find this and give it a read x

@Donna Duckers you really must do your own research, I can't express how important that is and you need to do this away from the forum. We cannot possibly advise you which is the most effective, only what has worked for us.

I must admit I find it really strange that you've been approved for surgery but don't know what the options are, or which the team feels is the best one for you. Haven't you had any group meetings / seminars that go through the options?

I'm going to close this thread for comments as you've had some good advice already but I really don't want members being drawn into offering a 'non medical professional' opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back