• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

typical days diet

saffrons

well i am 8 days post op

Breakfast - Actimel
water
Lunch - Soup
water
ice lolly
Dinner - couple spoonfull's of thin mash watered down with milk mixed with tomato sauce from beans
Vimto
Water

this is seeming like a lot so soon and am worried after a month i will be eating like normal again, is it normal to think it has'nt worked?

Hi

I am not sure about the sleeve as I had the bypass, BUT I feel like I am eating too much too, but when I have eaten too much I start to feel a little ill and uncomfortable so I am hoping thats normal, and I am doing ok.

Good luck with it and I am sure its normal lol x

phew i thought i had broken it.... i think i as expecting it to be uncomfortable when i eat and drink even a small amount and from day 5 aside from the wind pain i can honestly say i have never felt uncomfortable eating or drinking. i am so pleased that i wont ever be able to binge like before but am looking forward to when i can cook and eat small healthy meals and eat like a normal person without worrying that i wont be full, shoving food in and not chewing. its crazy when i think back that my eating was so out of control and as a far away from normal.

How much are you managing to drink each day? I try and get atleast 4 pints of squash/ water and then tea and coffee on top of that.
Your liver needs the water to help you lose weight, if it hasn't got enough to do its normal jobs it will struggle to get rid of your fat cells.
Are your scales reading exactly the same as they did pre op?

How much are you managing to drink each day? I try and get atleast 4 pints of squash/ water and then tea and coffee on top of that.
Your liver needs the water to help you lose weight, if it hasn't got enough to do its normal jobs it will struggle to get rid of your fat cells.
Are your scales reading exactly the same as they did pre op?

i have not weighed myself yet am waiting until my 6 week check up. at the moment i am on between 1 and 2 litres of water and juice, have a 500ml bottle with me that i sip at all the time and make sure i drink my drinks on top of that. i am feeling positive that after my first 6 weeks i will be onto 2 ltrs plus of water, well that is my plan my face looks slimmer already and i know i am losing weight I think though after all i had read about other people only eating drinkin tiny amounts i was expectiong it to be harder than it is. too be honest i am able to drink more now with the sleeve than when i had my gastric band in.

It sounds like my journey too and alot easier than I thought it would be. My main difference is that I could drink a pint of water/ squash in one, now I have to sip, but like now I'm sat with my pint glass not far away and I just keep taking drinks from it.
I also noticed that my weight seems to come off from the top down so I can't wait for it to concentrate on my hips/tummy.
Keep up the good work.

It sounds like my journey too and alot easier than I thought it would be. My main difference is that I could drink a pint of water/ squash in one, now I have to sip, but like now I'm sat with my pint glass not far away and I just keep taking drinks from it.
I also noticed that my weight seems to come off from the top down so I can't wait for it to concentrate on my hips/tummy.
Keep up the good work.

ha my weight comes off from top to toe also...

well done girls :D Saffrons i think thats about the right amount too.

I was really worried that i was going to have a hellish journey post op, but honestly, its been fine! Im still learning how much i can actually eat (eyes bigger than my stomach!). Im a slow looser, but i loose. I can eat everything, just in small amounts. Apart from constipation one week, its been a smooth journey so far :)

Its fab!

x

Back