• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Umbilical Hernia

catapult

Hi Everyone :)

I had a bypass last year and a 'tinker operation' in Jan. They do need to go back in and tinker again but I think they are reluctant as they don't have a good enough excuse.

However I've now developed an umbilical hernia and mostly it isn't a problem but it seems to hurt whenever I eat. Is it normal for it to hurt and ache so much after food?

Hiya, i had my bypass end of August last year and they found during surgery an umbilical hernia, i didnt even know it was there but my surgeon patched it up and then said it would need removing but to wait a year so i could get my weight down and then it would need operating on.

I am feeling if more now that i have lost weight and yes sometimes it does hurt and feel sore, i think i do notice it more when i have eaten and it feels like it is bloated to (sorry not explaining it very well lol) maybe its the tummy expanding and pushing against it?

Back