• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

unexpected glucose of 10.8

Tracey ( eyore)

hi guys
wonder if anyone has any ideas, i had my 3 month test the doctors were very pleased with me i have lost 7 stone since the start of my journey, andno complications, but my blood results showed a glucose of 10.8, which the doctors seem concerned about.
i have no idea why it was so high all i had, had that morning was special k and skimmed milk. the night before i have chicken salad.
i have repeat the test at local gp,s as soon as poss ...........anyone have ideas as to why this would be high or anyone else had this prob ??

Hiya, I would avoid the special K if you are diabetic - the third ingredient in it is sugar - usually if they take the fat out of something they replace it with sugar so not good if you are watching your blood sugar - porride, shredded wheat or weetabix is a better breakfast option - also any cereal will make your blood sugar rise as the body converts any carbs to glucose to use it as energy.

Yes I totally agree... special K would definately make my sugars spike, I can't have any cereals. x

Back