• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE - Coventry Hospital

Hi all, it's been a while since i posted, but i think i have good news.
After seeing the psychologist in September, he booked my appointment with the surgeon.
I saw the surgeon yesterday, Mr V Menon at Coventry (used to be called Walsgrave) We had a nice chat about the different types of procedure available, and he told me because of my age and the fact that i dont have diabetes,he would like to do the sleeve. He explained there are less complications with the sleeve than a bypass ect. He sais the team have a meeting next Tuesday (13th) where they will decide wether to press the red button as he put it! Then it will take about 6 weeks to apply for funding. This is where it gets good, as im from Northamptonshire but the team is in Warwickshire i still come under Northants healthcare trust, and i meet all the criteria for them. After the funding is secured he said it will be about 4 months for the surgery, so if all goes well i could be having the op in about April/May time! Im trying not to get too excited yet, i keep thinking that someone on the team will say 'no she cant have it' or something.
Anyway at least the funding issue is cleared up for me now.
Beck

Hi beck!

I'm having my sleeve done at Coventry on 01/12/12! Mr Menon is lovely and it will be him and Mr Fraser doing my surgery.

I don't know if you know, but there is a WLS support group there and the next meeting is 14th Nov at 6.30pm, just go to the WISDEM centre and it's there.

Let me know if you want to go - I am going with my mum (it's my first time lol) but would be nice to see you if you can make it

xxx

All sounds positive good news for you. x

Hiya Rach :). I actually didn't know there was a group there wonder why i wasn't told, anyway it sounds like it could be fun, would my son be able to come too he's 11

I don't actually know...I saw Prof Thomas Barber and Mr Menon, but I thought in general it is the bariartric team so I'm guessing its all much of a muchness.

xxx

Oh yes

I wasn't overly keen on Mr Kendrick - but Louise is lovely, I've spoken to her a couple of times when I've been unsure of something.

Thankfully I didn't need to see them that often (well thankfully in Mr Kendricks case cause he really upset me!)

xxx

Did he? what did he do/say? i thought he was brilliant with me, what he said stuck in my head more than what louise said.

He was just really patronising, and made me feel like a stupid little girl.

I just remember getting into my car and sobbing because he made me feel so bad.

xxx

Rach i cant message you yet, the team had 'the meeting' today about whether to let me go ahead with the surgery, and apply for funding. Can i ring them in the morning and find out what they said or do i have to wait the 6 weeks to find out if i got the funding?

Hmmm.... tricky one.

I had an appt in feb with Prof Barber (which my mum came to with me) and they said that they had discussed my case, and they were happy to refer me for funding, then I saw Mr Menon in april (too my OH) and they said that they had approved me, and would send off the application to the PCT and I should hear back in 3 - 6 weeks.

I started ringing at the end of May, and rang pretty much every week till September when I was told that the forms hadn't been submitted. At that point I threw a wobbler, and it all got sorted very very quickly!

xxx

Back