• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tears of Frustration

St Mary's in Paddington operate the 18 week rule

My wait was only 6 months. And they apologies for the delay!!

Glad you have your date now!! So pleased for you!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well, smooth sailing isn't my style.

Preop on Friday - with nurse, fairly basic seemed ok. Got copy of LSD to do for 2 weeks. Slightly unnerved that I wasn't seeing the dr.

Anyway... Wednesday was gastroscopy. I was sedated although I think I remember it all. Hearing "ooh what's that?!" Isn't what I wanted to hear.

They found: gastritis and prominent fold, query submucosal tumour - so took some biopsies. None of my wls research prepared me for that. Apparently if they hadn't done it and they'd found that doing my surgery, they d've halted procedure.

So now I wait. Wait to find out what it is. What to find out if I have op. Wait.

So close!

Oh then today I get a letter re bloods detailing all my anomalies including severe vitamin d deficiency which needs active treatment.

I just wanna rock and cry.

hugs sweetheart :) i know its not what you want to hear, but its all for the best :) chin up and all the very best, hope its sorted soon....... you've not had the easiest ride eh x x x

Well, smooth sailing isn't my style. Preop on Friday - with nurse, fairly basic seemed ok. Got copy of LSD to do for 2 weeks. Slightly unnerved that I wasn't seeing the dr. Anyway... Wednesday was gastroscopy. I was sedated although I think I remember it all. Hearing "ooh what's that?!" Isn't what I wanted to hear. They found: gastritis and prominent fold, query submucosal tumour - so took some biopsies. None of my wls research prepared me for that. Apparently if they hadn't done it and they'd found that doing my surgery, they d've halted procedure. So now I wait. Wait to find out what it is. What to find out if I have op. Wait. So close! Oh then today I get a letter re bloods detailing all my anomalies including severe vitamin d deficiency which needs active treatment. I just wanna rock and cry.

Awwww Hun, I'm sure they will get you sorted!!

And it's good they found it now, would have broken your heart to go into an op and wake up without one!!

Don't worry about the vitamin D - it's common. So my GP says. Levels are supposed to be in the 300's mine was 22!! So I take a capsule once a week xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So sorry for another set back but it is better to be safe than sorry when thinking of undergoing such a major op and you will get there just slightly longer wait again keep your chin up if you can and hope they sort you soon

hugs sweetheart :) i know its not what you want to hear, but its all for the best :) chin up and all the very best, hope its sorted soon....... you've not had the easiest ride eh x x x

It never rains but it pours eh!

Aww sorry to hear that love, hopefully get all these things sorted for you then be back on track xx

Fingers crossed. It's only been a few days but feels like forever.

Awwww Hun, I'm sure they will get you sorted!!

And it's good they found it now, would have broken your heart to go into an op and wake up without one!!

Don't worry about the vitamin D - it's common. So my GP says. Levels are supposed to be in the 300's mine was 22!! So I take a capsule once a week xx

Mine is 22! I didn't realise 300 was the norm. Not had call from GP so guess they're not too worried.

So sorry for another set back but it is better to be safe than sorry when thinking of undergoing such a major op and you will get there just slightly longer wait again keep your chin up if you can and hope they sort you soon

Of course you're right. I was so sure I'd researched every eventuality, so this has thrown me somewhat.

I don't have result from biopsies yet but my op has been postponed as they reorganising more tests. Trying not to worry, but it's not easy :-|

Back