• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update from me !

Good to hear you are home and safe Liz :)

And looking forward to hearing your progress now you have been rewired :)

Welcome home Liz! its so much nicer to be recovering in your own surroundings. Sounds like you are off to a flying start with the weight loss too x

that is totally amazing!!!!!! another hurdle cleared...lets hope it's a downward journey now ;o) glad you are home and well xxxxx

Glad to hear you are home Liz

Keep well Liz x

I have 2 more weeks on fluids before I can go on purees, been a bit up and down for me to but keep looking forward.

Hugs

Hi Mitz thats a long time to be on liquids, we go on puree at day 3 before we leave hospital. good luck i hope everything goes well for you xxx

Hi Mitz thats a long time to be on liquids, we go on puree at day 3 before we leave hospital. good luck i hope everything goes well for you xxx

Hi Liz
thats whats I find confusing, nationally all the diferent advise pre and post op. Was told quite clearly by the dietician NOT to start purees any sooner than 4 weeks. To be honest the fluid thing has been a pain, intolerant to milk, getting the runs when drinking the fortimel. Feel knackered but I am sure all the other Manor Bypass patients have weathered the same storm, so, will plod on LOL x

Glad you're ok Liz, hope you're feeling better soon, Karen x

Hi Liz. I think you've done amazing honey. 9 pounds off....woohooo! I gained 4 kgs post-op! I'm so glad you're home and on that Losers' bench already!

Take it easy now, you've got lots of healing to do after all your re-plumbing!
Big hugs.xxx

Hi Liz
thats whats I find confusing, nationally all the diferent advise pre and post op.
all teams are different so its best to follow your own dieticians plans for you.
Was told quite clearly by the dietician NOT to start purees any sooner than 4 weeks.
i feel quite lucky being able to move to purree so quickly and ive just managed 1 weetabix with milk for my tea, ido feel for you having to stay on liquids all that time x
To be honest the fluid thing has been a pain, intolerant to milk, getting the runs when drinking the fortimel. Feel knackered but I am sure all the other Manor Bypass patients have weathered the same storm, so, will plod on LOL x

hopefully the time will pass quickly and u will be on purree before you know it x

Hope you are feeling better every day Liz! How amazing to not feel hungry at all :)
Hi Nina this is so weird as with both my bands i always felt the sensation of hunger, i was told this would change once bypassed, i didnt believe it but it has, i have no appatite what so ever and i like that feeling that the band never gave me in the past.
I hope you have a quick recovery now and some fab losses x

im feeling ok tonight my pain is becoming less, they said for me to not look at the weight losses to much as it will automatically come off in time....we shall see x

Well done Liz... 9lbs is amazing.... and make sure you get plenty of rest... get your 'Directors Chair' in place and relax.... love and hugs xxx

it will come off :)

Can I ask how much you've left to lose now?

Hi CC approx 4-5 st to get to a normal bmi, which i never managed with the bands, 3rd time lucky hopefully, on the positive side im still 5st lighter than when i started with my 1st band x

Welcome back Liz :clap:

:) Thanks for the warm welcome back from everyone xxxx

You're amazing!

Good luck. You won't need it though.

I recall you saying a looooong time ago that you were concerned you wouldn't qualify for bypass because of the amount of weight you had to lose. Obviously you did, so I'm wondering whether your bypass is a short one because you don't need to lose the enormous amounts of weight others have to.

You're amazing!

Good luck. You won't need it though.

I recall you saying a looooong time ago that you were concerned you wouldn't qualify for bypass because of the amount of weight you had to lose. Obviously you did, so I'm wondering whether your bypass is a short one because you don't need to lose the enormous amounts of weight others have to.

thats something i didnt get around to asking CC, im just glad to be through the op as it was very complicated, i was in theatre from 9.30 am till 2.30 ish and i wasnt put back on ward till 4.30, im just glad my surgeon had the skills to get me through this as i know im lucky to be here in reality, i will ask though next time im in for a review x

Back