• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hernia

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi all, all going good, surpassed the 11 stone mark :). Eating better, restriction back and life down south fab. Going to book appt for my doc as soon as though, as i may appear to have a hernia. been feeling occasional swelling top of my tummy, below chest, near top of scar. comes and goes. tonight i went for dinner, the prawn starter i had didnt agree and I vomited it up. Straight after vomiting swelling started, very prominent, like a bubble almost. not painful, just there. anyway went down and by an hour later was gone. sounds like a hernia to me. and possible with 11 stone loss in 8 months :-( please give advice, do I go via bariatric team or my gp. My GP is awesome and learning bariatrics as I learn.

You need to see your GP and if it is a hernia then they will refer you to a general surgeon who can fix it.

I have a huge hernia and it has been fixed in the past but quickly came undone (pre op cos I was huge)

I am having it repaired again on 2nd August :D

Back