• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on drs app!

buglady

hi everyone just want to let you know im still around !! i went to the drs on thursday after waiting a month to see him for a routine app!! well he was great was really honest on the chances of me getting a band fitted under the nhs a bit fat zero the portsmouth area practice that i am under are only allowed to referer 6 patients a year for surgery and he told me of a case of a lady very similar to mine height weight bmi but with secondary complaints including arthritus and diabetic getting turned down. he was more than happy to to put my name foward but felt the governing body wouldnt fund it and if they did by a miricle chance the nhs waiting list for surgery is 2 and a half years!!.... so as i was expecting i am going to get mine done privatly at spire in havant. They have an open evening on the 17th of march which explains the surgery meet the surgeon simon toh and a bit of a question and answer thing on the surgery etc so im going to sign up then and get that ball rolling i cant wait ! so heres to a new me!!!:):):):):):)

its not fair that the nhs give so little of a feck about people that are serious about losing weight :mad:. the money they spend doing it is nothing compared to the money they will spend due to weight related issues in the future but its still worth trying to get it threw the nhs ,but good on you for not giving up and looking at it private xxxx

thanks!

thanks i think it will be the best money i have ever spent and who knows if im paying for it then my incentive will be 101% and i wouldnt want to wait 2 and a half years in that tim i would of paied the money back!!!:)

Sorry to hear about the funding side its really hard in some areas to get it and I know whilst I only waited a couple of months to get approved it was a horrible wait. I was turned down the first time....its not a battle I would like to go through again....keep us posted once you have been to the open evening and fingers crossed things move quickly for you..xx

I have not regreted going private for my bypass once, and i am sure you will not as well. it will be the best money you ever spend as its for a life enhancement rather then consumerism

its a shame that your area is a pain to get funding. You sound positive about it though know which route you're going to take so go for it girl.

Back