• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on Craftyfox

Craftyfox

Hi all, this is Craftyfox's (John's) son Matt. The old man has asked me to post updates on his behalf whilst he's in the hospital, so here's the first one:

We dropped him off at Swan Ward, Manor Hospital, Walsall at 7am this morning. He was given a not-so-lovely white gown to put on and that was basically it. The nurses seemed very helpful and gave us the number to contact should we want updates throughout the day. We were told that they were doing four operations today, so immediately my mind was at ease. "If they're banging out four a day then they must be doing something right" was my rationale. I think he's covered this elsewhere on these forums, but my mom and myself in particular were incredibly worried/scared about this operation. So it was a relief to see just how regular this operation is. Anyway, we - myself, mom and brother - said our goodbyes feeling a little more confident than when we went in. I realise the stats are heavily in favour of success, but the horrible "what if..." thoughts just pop into your head, or they do mine at least. So we left feeling nervous but pretty happy.

12 'o clock - we call and he hadn't been in yet. We were told he was scheduled for 5pm, so best to ring back at about 8pm. A few minutes after 12 dad rings my mom (phones allowed in the ward apparently now) to say he was going in this afternoon. My mom said he sounded absolutey terrified! Anyway, that was about it, and the hours just ticked by slowly waiting to find out how he'd done. Then, out of the blue, we get a call at about 6. He'd been done, was conscious, and to quote the nurse "dancing away in his bed to The Police". He was also desperate for visitors and the nurse said she'd extend visiting hours for us to come and see him.

We got there at about 19:15 I think, and true enough, he looked much better than I expected. He'd only come out of surgery three hours earlier! He was talkative and apart from a bit of pain - neutralised by a trusty morphine drip - he was just, well, dad really. He said the nurses were brilliant and was very happy about how it had all turned out. He's had to go into the High Dependency Ward because he's a diabetic and possibly suffers from sleep apnea, but the doctors seem to think he'll be back in Swan Ward by Monday and possibly home near the end of the working week.

We are going to see him tomorrow morning, so if there any messages you wish to pass on I'll print out this thread before we leave and hand it to him.

P.S - If anyone's curious, it turns out that Mr Kahn does 200 of these a year. So, if you're scheduled for an op with this fella, don't be too worried because he's clearly a top professional.

Cheers,
Matt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Matt. It's great to hear he is feeling chipper. Tell him the Walsall Manor Posse and in fact all the minis gang are thinking of him. Send our hugs n stuff! xx

I'm sure you'll be inundated with good wishes for him.

So glad all went well, hope you recover well. Take care x x x

hey thanks for the update, im glad everythings went well, heres to a speedy recovery, look forward to hearing from him when he feels up to it.

best wishes liz x

I'm soooo pleased all went well crafty, I wish you a speedy recovery.

xxxxx

i am so glad everything went as it should and please tell him to look after himself and get back here when hes up to it to fill us all in on what transpired

ah great news. Thanks for updating us so quickly. Wishing him a speedy recovery so he can come home to you soon x

Thanks Matt - Crafty is lucky to have you all supporting him through this!!
Wish him well - I'm 3 weeks post op and feeling fab so I'm sure he will soon be dancing out of his bed!!xx

Please pass on best wishes! Look forward to hearing more about it when he's home, and he just needs to take it easy now (once they've had him up and about he will probably be quite willing to take it easy!!). Regards, Lorna

Glad it went well for you Crafty! Now concentrate on getting better and getting home. Don't give the nurses too much of a hard time, and try and find some better music to dance to ;)

So glad everything went well,hope you have a speedy recovery and be home to your loving supportive family soon,all the best orchid xx

Crafty, so glad you sailed through your surgery. Take care and let that body recover before you start dancing!! Hope your recovery is just like your surgery, over before you know it!!! Make sure to come back on here when you can and tell us all about it. Cheers Mat for the update, it is lovely of you to support your Dad.

Nic:D

Matt thanks for taking the time out to update us on yr dad. I bet you are all relieved. This is the start of a new life for him and you all. You will be amaized at how fast not only the weight comes off but also how the quality of all your lives improves.
Hurry back crafy and dont give them nurses too much hassel.
Oh by the way Police!! What era are you from?!!!!

police would be 80's music :p

Back