• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long to wait for PCT

judi2302

I have been to see my GP who has agreed to apply to the PCT for funding, I was suprised as she was much more supportive than I thought she'd be.

I have had some blood tests to see if there are any problems that may strengthen my case, I can't believe it but my bloods were normal when checking for diabetes. Haven't had the other results as yet.

Its the first time I've hoped for something wrong - so that I can strengthen the case for surgery.

Does it take an age for the PCT to comeback with their decision?

I got a yes within 2 weeks from my pct... good luck. xx

I'm automatic funding so i can't say. But i will say have a look at sleep apnoea and the effects of it. See if it sounds anything like yourself, maybe that you are suffering with it. If so get your gp to check that out as well as diabetes is not the only comorbidity.

Good luck, keep us posted xx

Hi, Mine took a few months but thats because my gp messed up. I think they meet once a month, not 100% though but Im sure someone here will know. Good luck x

Hi some are really quick but mine took 13 months. I got turned down twice and so had to appeal then my gp sent new medical info and it got passed. Unfortunately until the new info I didn't have any co-morbitities. Definately get a sleep study done.

It varies between PCT's. For me, the hospital doing the op would have applied for funding after I met their requirements. My GP wasn't involved except to refer me to the hospital.

I live in nottingham and after seeing my surgeon funding was granted within a month. my whole journey started in nov 09 so it hasnt been to long for me good luck and best wishes

I got funding a month after seeing my GP and I didn't have any co morbidities but my BMI was 61. I did see on my GP's letter that she had listed the problems I do have related to my weight, eg joint pain in hips and knee's, breathlessness on exertion etc but I thought that would have been a bit obvious for someone of my size. But it worked anyway.

Back