• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update!

zarafa

haven't been here for a while. i had some really good luck, and then some crappy luck.

the good luck was that i managed to book my second appointment at the hospital back in Oct within a week's notice. I attended, had my psychological screening, met with Karen, and my appointment with the surgeon is now booked for January.

The bad luck is that I may not be able to have the surgery..at all, or at least not straight away. the doctor found i was extremely anaemic, had symptoms of cushing's and probably have a stomach ulcer. the anaemia I got folic acid for - and I have lots of blood tests booked for next week [to check for cushings] as well as an endoscopy to check for ulcers.
I don't even know for sure that I may not have the surgery, but the delay [due to a probable ulcer] or the cancellation [if I have cushings] coupled with stress at work has meant that I have eaten myself back to my highest weight. i want motivation and somewhere to rant, and this place always allowed me both.
*breathes out*
I did finish a kickboxing course, starting another one tomorrow and I'm doing personal training too, but i feel that the exercise is just helping me to maintain my weight as opposed to losing any.

Last edited:
Im sorry you are having it tough at the mo....it must feel like everything is stacking up against you! I hope the blood tests go well and theres nothing that bad that means your op would have to be cancelled. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.......have you any idea how long the results will take? Good Luck (HUG) XX

Sorry you`re having a hard time at the moment :(

I hope you get some good news soon x

Oh hun, you do have a lot on your plate at the mo. Why dont you just concentrate on maintaining for the time being as we all know how difficult dieting can be when you are stressed.

Hope everything works out for you.... big hugs xxxxx

Thank you all for your kind words <3
Jacqui - I should know by my appointment in January. The endoscopy and blood are this coming wednesday - please keep me in your thoughts! I've come to see this as my only solution forward, and I don't want it taken away, not when I've come so close.

My heart goes out to you, hope things start improving soon for you xxx

Back