• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update

cah-ching

Made an update in my bronze diary but thought I'd put it here too (hope you do not mind or think me a narcissist):

Hello readers,

Well what can I say. I'm lost. Totally lost.

My Surgiversary is fast approaching (April) and I've lost the grand total of: 14 kilograms, I recently gained weight so prior to this it would have been a total of 16 kilograms.
Day of operation (10 April 2010): 139Kgs -
Weight yesterday morning (31 Jan 2011) - 125Kgs

2St 3Ibs in 9 months and 3 weeks.

Am I happy? No, I could cry. In fact I'm welling up as I type this.

Ii've spoken to my provider (Surgicare - now owned by The Hospital Group!) and they (my dietitian) is not keen for me to have a band fill I have 8.2ml in a 10ml band. I did have some restriction after my last fill but that's all but gone - although I do eat less and do feel sick sometimes while eating.

My exercise is ongoing and I am a lot fitter than I was although I still wear the same clothes. I am not smaller so can't say I'm shrinking although people think I am. Here my dietitian thinks I need less strenuous exercise i.e. reduce the intensity and amounts of cardio-vascular exercise and do more weight training (I've not really committed to regular weight training for about 2 months now).

I feel I'm self-restricting. I can eat large portions, albeit smaller than pre-op, but bigger than I would have expected post op.

So I do feel a failure and not sure what to do.

Thanks

Hello CC

If your self restricting why are they reluctant too give u another fill if u need one hun??? Am I missing summit (lol) Wishing u all the best with exercise etc xx

I would have thought if you have to restrict what you are eating daily then you need a fill, not want one? Obviously Im not a bander but it seems common sense to me. Good luck hun I hope you get the fill you need XX

I'd push um for another fill appointment and get them to check if there is a prob with your band....

Back