• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dreading

cah-ching

seeing my dietician on Saturday .... not because she's a monster but because I'm so very disappointed in my weight loss...... or distinct lack of it.

I am so very embarrassed. Some days I want to cry. Other days I am scared to post what I do exercise wise as it's quite understandable if none of you people would believe a word I say anyway - I certainly wouldn't. She's hovering around 21Stones, lost about 5Kgs since she had her operation in April (6 months ago!) and claims she can do two hours of consecutive spin classes ... yeah right!

I am so despondent, frustrated, upset, resentful, embarrassed and I quite frankly hate myself. I've gone through so much pain, discomfort and melodrama in the last 6 months, I exercise as if my pants are on fire and I'm still hovering around 21 Stones. My life is so unfair ..... sick of it.:(

Its certainly disappointing & disheartening when we don't get the results we want & work hard for!!!

Lets hope things improve for us soon. I know I'm only two weeks post op but my weight loss is non-existent.

Lets hope your dietician can give you some help

Take care ;)

Jacci

Its certainly disappointing & disheartening when we don't get the results we want & work hard for!!!

Lets hope things improve for us soon. I know I'm only two weeks post op but my weight loss is non-existent.

Lets hope your dietician can give you some help

Take care ;)

Jacci

Thanks Jacci :hug99:

I have stopped going to the gym all together, well for now anyway. My weight loss stopped or slowed to non existent, I felt so depressed about it and decided to leave it a while longer.

Is it possible that you are doing too much?

I have thought a few times you are doing a lot of exercise for the amount of calories you are having love...well I have said that on other posts to you.

I found the dieticians not really great at giving a good idea of calorie allowance vs exercise and current weight.
I just got told I didn't need to calorie count, well fabulous if I was losing weight but I wasn't and I had no decent restriction for a year.

I hope you get reassurance about your band and pouch size etc and I hope your dietician is a bit more helpful than some of them out there seem to be.
"Just eat less" is not really a good enough response right across the board for everyone.

seeing my dietician on Saturday .... not because she's a monster but because I'm so very disappointed in my weight loss...... or distinct lack of it.

I am so very embarrassed. Some days I want to cry. Other days I am scared to post what I do exercise wise as it's quite understandable if none of you people would believe a word I say anyway - I certainly wouldn't. She's hovering around 21Stones, lost about 5Kgs since she had her operation in April (6 months ago!) and claims she can do two hours of consecutive spin classes ... yeah right!

I am so despondent, frustrated, upset, resentful, embarrassed and I quite frankly hate myself. I've gone through so much pain, discomfort and melodrama in the last 6 months, I exercise as if my pants are on fire and I'm still hovering around 21 Stones. My life is so unfair ..... sick of it.:(

:hug99:

I am fortunate to be able to call you a friend, and can confirm that you do do loads of exercise. It really isnt fair that the weight isn't coming off faster.

I'm really hoping that you have a pleasant surprise when you see the dietician. If you continue trying to eat a little more (up to your calorie allowance) and reduce the amount of weight/strength training you do Im fairly sure you will see the scales start to move downwards.

I found Emm28's thread really encouraging when she posted about how she finally loves her band and has started to see results. Am hoping for the same for you.

Also, I wanted to add that if you can't physically up your calories enough to match your current amount and intensity of exercise , because of your band , then you maybe have a couple days off the gym instead.
Strength training is good for building lean muscle which you need to burn calories but going 4 or 5 days a week instead of every day, might help.
Don't be afraid to vary it till you find a combination that works for you x

I believe you & I believe in you!!

I hope that maybe she can give you some answers as to why this isn't working they way you've hoped for rather than a ticking off. xx

I have thought a few times you are doing a lot of exercise for the amount of calories you are having love...well I have said that on other posts to you.

I found the dieticians not really great at giving a good idea of calorie allowance vs exercise and current weight.
I just got told I didn't need to calorie count, well fabulous if I was losing weight but I wasn't and I had no decent restriction for a year.

I hope you get reassurance about your band and pouch size etc and I hope your dietician is a bit more helpful than some of them out there seem to be.
"Just eat less" is not really a good enough response right across the board for everyone.

Actually my dietician (last time we spoke) said "if the band doesn't work, you can always have a bypass further down the line in the future" [sic].

May be she feels money is derived from the dried sap of money plants? :rolleyes:

She's very happy with my exercising though.

May be I ought to crank it down to 3 days per week? I'm just a bit scared to though just in case I lose my zeal, routine and I get depressed.

Im sorry you are feeling so down, its really hard when you are working so hard and getting no results, I would be gutted too. I cant really help with any decent advice as Ima bypasser but just wanted to say I hope you get some good advice off the dietician and things start to improve for you very soon (HUGS) XXX

Don't be scared. 3 days a week is great and maybe just a gentle walk on 3 of the off days with a rest day once a week.
It's important to have a day of rest to let your muscles repair and strengthen.
I'll keep you on track!!!
We'll just get you doing other stuff that will help keep it going for you x

PS I cannot believe the dietician would say that ref bypass...ffs what sort of message is that sending out to people? "Don't worry about trying to change your life for the better"
I'm disgusted

Last edited:
Its good to see you posting again Caching even if you're not happy. Not a bander so not much advice I can give but just wanted you to have a big hug for encouragement. I do hope you cab get this sorted and start losing.

Take care

M

just a thought but if you are burning off all your calories you eat then your body is in starvation mode. I was doing a similar thing where I was being sick all the time (now find out was eating too big a mouthful ) and I was putting on weight but my dietician said i need to be eating enough calories for my body to work with also no more than I use. So if your working your butt off at the gym and not compensating the calories then you are starving your body??? Surely you are losing inches??? I just think as you have always been working yoru butt off that you should cut back the gym until you can get advice about the calories. I have been told to have 800 a day and did that last week and lost 4lb this week and have been putting on all other weeks when being sick so may be worth a try until you can get it sorted. Good luck x

Don't be scared. 3 days a week is great and maybe just a gentle walk on 3 of the off days with a rest day once a week.
It's important to have a day of rest to let your muscles repair and strengthen.
I'll keep you on track!!!
We'll just get you doing other stuff that will help keep it going for you x

PS I cannot believe the dietician would say that ref bypass...ffs what sort of message is that sending out to people? "Don't worry about trying to change your life for the better"
I'm disgusted

I know ... I couldn't believe what I was hearing when she said it!

I got ready to go to Body Combat, but then came home. I'll go to the gym tomorrow and then Salsa in the evening instead. I think exercising is impacting on my sleep .... basically I'm just not getting any :( I can't sleep at night, I'm wondering if I'm overstimulated?

just a thought but if you are burning off all your calories you eat then your body is in starvation mode. I was doing a similar thing where I was being sick all the time (now find out was eating too big a mouthful ) and I was putting on weight but my dietician said i need to be eating enough calories for my body to work with also no more than I use. So if your working your butt off at the gym and not compensating the calories then you are starving your body??? Surely you are losing inches??? I just think as you have always been working yoru butt off that you should cut back the gym until you can get advice about the calories. I have been told to have 800 a day and did that last week and lost 4lb this week and have been putting on all other weeks when being sick so may be worth a try until you can get it sorted. Good luck x

Thanks x

Spin class my instructor burned 980 calories in a class I did with him, so I suspect at my weight I'm estimate I burn around 1500-1700-calories. Same with Body Combat. I have wondered whether I am in starvation mode even though I'm not hungry if you know what I mean? :confused:

So I've decided to do aerobic 3 times per week and anaerobic (resistance/weight training) 2-3 times per week and I'll be taking protein shakes (yum) to help bolster my calorie in take. :)

Have no idea whether I'm losing inches though ..... my clothes feel as tight and badly fitted as always! :eek: (my breasts are huge (around F/G cup) and I badly need to spend about £100 on a few good bras and sports bras.

Its good to see you posting again Caching even if you're not happy. Not a bander so not much advice I can give but just wanted you to have a big hug for encouragement. I do hope you cab get this sorted and start losing.

Take care

M

How strange - was thinking about you a lot today!!!!! x

How the devil are you???? :hug99:

Firstly Cahching i'm so jealous of your breast size, i hoped my diddy diddies would not move but i swear they are looking smaller....

Secondly i don't doubt you are working your bum off at the gym, i'm with everyone else (including you i think) when i say i think your doing too much exercise. I think your plan of every other day off is good, maybe you could go to a dancing class or just out dancing with some friends. I wish i had your energy and committment to attack the gym, i try and walk and enjoy that but i don't commit to every day, which i should....

I'm wishing you well and hoping that the lottery win you obviously had and told your dietician about is not going to change you too much... Seriously wishing you well and hoping the scales start to give you the rewards you justly deserve!

Don't be a stranger x

Firstly Cahching i'm so jealous of your breast size, i hoped my diddy diddies would not move but i swear they are looking smaller....

Secondly i don't doubt you are working your bum off at the gym, i'm with everyone else (including you i think) when i say i think your doing too much exercise. I think your plan of every other day off is good, maybe you could go to a dancing class or just out dancing with some friends. I wish i had your energy and committment to attack the gym, i try and walk and enjoy that but i don't commit to every day, which i should....

I'm wishing you well and hoping that the lottery win you obviously had and told your dietician about is not going to change you too much... Seriously wishing you well and hoping the scales start to give you the rewards you justly deserve!

Don't be a stranger x

My tits are huge. I doubt they'll disappear altogether when I lose weight, but right now I struggle with bras which is really depressing.

As for the dancing .... I do ZUmba :D Also I do salsa dancing sometimes. In fact I haven't been for a while and have arranged to see my friend for salsa tomorrow night. I hate going because the men ignore me all the time and dance with other women which has in the past made me cry there and then. I'm going tomorrow primarily for the catch up and to test out my moves (I aint too bad at the 'ol suzy q etc.).

I'm wishing you well and hoping that the lottery win you obviously had and told your dietician about is not going to change you too much...

I laughed out loud when I read this ... very witty and sarcastic, but very very very true .... you'd think I'd won the lotto ... band today, bypass tomorrow - what the heck ... I'll buy a round of bypasses for everyone!!!

Cah-ching i can understand your frustration if i'm honest i'd be the exact same. You are certainly not a failure, you had a hard time after your surgery and it took longer than expected for you to recover so you had a difficult start. I agree with all the others who say you are probably doing too much exercise and not eating enough and could be in starvation mode. You are doing the right thing try cutting the exercise down, eat little and often and see if it makes a difference, if not come back to us and we will all put our heads together. Big hugs hun hope you feel better about things soon x

definate starvation mode unless your eating more calories than you burn off I am sure that is what it will be. When I did slimming world in my former life if we did body magic as they called it we got extra calories or sins to have what we liked with but your not doing that as you dont need to eat as not hungry but I just think in my non professional opinion lol that you are doing far too much exercise!!! Hope you get it sorted but dietician sounds about as much use as a chocolate fire guard so hope you get her sorted out and she finds you the answers. Keep us informed x

Back