• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update

novamay

Born Free
I saw Mr M at Sunderland yesterday, and for those of you who have read my previous posts you will know that I have had conflicting views from psychologist and surgeons as to which op would be best for me. Well, Mr M said that in the end that I make the decision, as I am the one who has to live with it. I was quite surprised :eek: I went to the appointment thinking that they would say that there was nothing more they could do - that a stalemate had been reached.

So, it was decision time.

Since my GP referred me, I have been thinking long and hard about surgery, and have looked at the negative and positive aspects of both the sleeve and the bypass; how life will be affected by the surgery good and bad. There are things that I can do now that I may not be able to do in future; there are things that I can't do now that I might be able to do in future.

There are some things that I am going to miss, but hopefully so much more that I will be able to enjoy and this is what I will have to focus on if an op is to be successful. Of course, if that doesn't happen and I am truly miserable for the rest of my life once I've had the surgery - well, nothings changed there ;).

My original instincts were that a bypass was the op for me and I am prepared to stick by those instincts, no matter what the consequences.

So, I'm on the list. In 6-8 weeks time I hope to be reborn.

Well done and good luck! You can enjoy Christmas knowing that in the New Year your life will change for the better! :) xx

Blooming Eck - nothing like putting the ball in your court!

From one recently post op bypasser to a pre opper - I think you have made the right decision. 2013 will be an exciting year for you!

I have had complications post op, but still happy that I made the right decision for me and my future.

Good luck with your journey! Xx

Well done on reaching your momentous decision. Good luck & wishing you every success.

Good for you! You stood by what you wanted and got there in the end. I don't think you will regret it :) x

Thats fab news Novamay - Wishing you all the best for the future and looking forward to hearing how things are going to be progressing with you - All the best BD X

Back