• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

v bad stomach cramps/diarrohea on milk diet

starry

HI Guys
Day 3 of milk diet and since late on day 1 have had bad cramps and the runs.

Thought I was getting used to it but still Very BAD - Spoke to dietician she thinks I am probably lactose intolerant when it comes to that amount of milk and to try Soya - but OMG Gag Gag Gag that is not possible will call her again tomorrow but god I feel awful

Any Ideas
Liz
xxx

Have a look in the recipes section for a thread called 'pre-op diets, what was yours and how was it really' for alternative diets. There are a fair few on there! I was given an 800cal one to do which is in there.

Liz, how was your tum before you started the pre op??? Maybe you had an underlying tummy bug thats just decided to rear its ugly head ,as I've heard that there's one going around. If this was the case then the milk will curdle and cause you to have the runs. If not then the lactose intolerence could be the cause and you may need to change your pre op diet. Good luck and I hope your tum settles soon.
xx Gaynor xx

hello...
i had the same problem and they told me to do a 1000 calorie aday diet so i decided to have a yogart for breakfast and lunch a 1 piece of wholemeal toast for tea and that worked wonders for me and my liver had strunk and the surgeon was very happy...hope this is of some help for u good luck

lisa

Thanks,

I was OK until late afternoon on day 1.

I am still bad on am day 4 I had to have diarolyte sachet as I felt so washed out and not pre ketosis washed out I have done CD so not how that feels .

Will call dietician this morning and get her lowdown !!!!!

thanks for the help
xx

Hope you feel better soon Starry. You could do CD for your pre op diet if you have done that before with no problems.

There is the new lactofree milk as well, which is supposed to taste like regular milk but without the lactose.

Hi All
The dieticians at St Richards have given me a very low carb, portion controlled restricted diet to do as still bad v bad tummy.

Still day 4 and lost 6lbs so quite pleased with that - 10 days to go !!!

Thanks for all your suggestions and help I appreciate it
Liz xx

Back