• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Varicose Veins !!!!

happy days

Does anyone know if the removal of varicose veins has the same 2 yr rule as plastics. Iam a year post bypass and have lost just over 11 stone. I have 16lb left to go to reach my target, but these veins are more unsightly than they were before. I've been to gp this morning and she has made app to see surgeon, just hope he doesn't turn me away.

i don't think it would be as people have them done all the time and i think the wait for tummy tucks etc is so that your body is stable and you're not going to lose a lot more weight...:) sorry if i'm wrong x

sorry happy days i can't answer your question but i just had to congratulate you on such a massive weight loss in 12 months - well done.
jan xx

I had mine done pre op at 19st so dont think there will be a problem.I was done within the 18 week rule too!

Big an Bouncy said:
I had mine done pre op at 19st so dont think there will be a problem.I was done within the 18 week rule too!

How long were you in hospital for and how long off work Hun x

No definitely don't have the 2 year wait. Had mine done in October by laser stayed one night off 4 days and no pain at all just an ache. I had it done under a general anaesthetic or could have been a day case but I'm a right baby so wanted to be out for the count. Its rare they strip them these days its usually some form of laser.

Good luck

M

happy days said:
Does anyone know if the removal of varicose veins has the same 2 yr rule as plastics. Iam a year post bypass and have lost just over 11 stone. I have 16lb left to go to reach my target, but these veins are more unsightly than they were before. I've been to gp this morning and she has made app to see surgeon, just hope he doesn't turn me away.

I could of wrote this lol I'm almost a yr out bypass and lost just over 11 stone and my veins r vile got drs today so fingers crossed xxxx

More uncomfortable than painfull.I had little cuts where he went in and sterri strips not stitches.

Laura b said:
I could of wrote this lol I'm almost a yr out bypass and lost just over 11 stone and my veins r vile got drs today so fingers crossed xxxx

Mine have allways been unsightly but now my leg is thinner they are very prominent. Got app with surgeon on 22nd march. Worried cos they are also knotted.

CCPM said:
No definitely don't have the 2 year wait. Had mine done in October by laser stayed one night off 4 days and no pain at all just an ache. I had it done under a general anaesthetic or could have been a day case but I'm a right baby so wanted to be out for the count. Its rare they strip them these days its usually some form of laser.

Good luck

M

I would be over the moon if they were lazer.

Back