• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vegetarian Pre-Op Diet

Banana19

Hi lovely people :)

I have just booked my gastric sleeve privately and will be starting my pre-op diet next week. I'm a vegetarian and wondering if any others on here were in the same boat with diet ideas? Were the meat alternatives good for low fat/calories?

X

I did the milk/yog diet that was fine for vegetarians :)

Hi Butterfly :)

I haven't been given the milk and yog diet strictly, what are the guidelines for it? I was thinking I could do that for the immediate week prior and low cal/low fat the week before that :)

I'm attending a wedding 3days before my surgery and I've made the decision to be on my bestest behaviour, strictly no alcohol! Need to think of an excellent excuse so people don't think I'm pregnant :p

X

My diet was 3 pints of semi skimmed
3 muller lite yogurts
1 s/f jelly
1 oxo cube
unlimited drinks such as sugar free squash diet coke etc

Im a veggie... I had 4 weight watchers soups..tomatoe and basil was lovely but the hearty veg was more filling, 4 low fat yogs (not muller because they are not vegetarian) and sugar free jelly... weight watchers are gelatine free so suitable for veggies.

Post diet Im a bypasser so cant comment for a bander but I have certainly faired well on the quorn products, although I have heard of banders having issues with chicken etc so maybe the same...Good luck.xx

Back