• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VERY DEPRESSED

amanda577

I just weighed myself for this week just gone, and I have only lost 3 1b!!! I really thought I would've lost more, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am walking over 2 miles at a good brisk pace every day, I am sticking to between 500 and 800 calories per day (apart from 1 day when it went to 1000!!). I am getting in minimum 60 grams of protein daily. I really don't know what else I can do.
Felt a real failure when I got on those scales this morning...

3lb is a brilliant loss in a week,dont beat yourself up about it x

firstly , 3lbs is great , secondly , you are losing at a very similar rate as i did at this stage , now look at my total loss . you are doing great hunni , it will happen , i remember being disheartened as others had big losses , but steady wins the game :D

You only had ur op 3 weeks ago hun ur still healing dont forget xx

you're probably not eating enough, especially with the exersice you're doing, and 3lb is great in a week, dont expect too much, we are all different, well done on the protein front, thats great, good luck :) xxx

I suppose so!! It's just that I really expected a good weight loss this week, and was so disheartened when I got on the scales... Don't see how I can accelerate it any more I really don't ...

I suppose so!! It's just that I really expected a good weight loss this week, and was so disheartened when I got on the scales... Don't see how I can accelerate it any more I really don't ...
we all lose at different rates honey, you're fine, just enjoy it :) xxx

This is something that takes up to a year/2 I know it's crap but you will get there you will have weeks like this but then it all adds up to a new skinny you xx think long term and don't have to high expectation then you won't be disappointed xxx

at the end of the day the body does as it pleases lol , i have learnt there is no rhyme or reason , you just have to go with the flow (((((hugs)))))

I know I am probably expecting too much.. I think you build yourself up so much before this kind of surgery, and I suppose I have got carried away with visions of stones and stones just falling off!! But thanks for all your words of encouragement.. I am just going to keep plodding on xxx

That's all we can do xxxx
I'm looking forward to your posts I'm sure next week will be a whole new story!,
Keep positive xx

Right Amanda! we said we will do this together. You have done great and 3lbs is very good. Remember i put weight on, yes i did lose 9lbs last week but thats the first time iv lost and i know it wont be that much this week. im like you probs wanting to lose a stone a week but come on that is never going to happen! Cant believe you are power walking, im just taking my pups around the block and pottering around the house. i dont feel i have the energy to do more. Maybe i need to push myself a little bit more. You are doing great hun and dont forget it!!!!.Consider youself told off!!!lol im finding it hard to get food and fluid in. Feeling sick today :-( Keep posting what you are eating as im following you! xxx

bless you dimond!! I think seeing your 9 1b loss really got to me... I was pleased for you, but it made my little bits seem pretty insignificant.. Didn't power walk intentionally, its just now I have no back pain or anything and no puffing and wheezing, I just walk fast without realising it I suppose... Don't push yourself! we all do things at different pace and you are nearly a week behind me surgery wise also. Sorry you feel sick.. I had that all the time, but I went and got some cyclazine from my GP and one of those stops the nausea altogether, so that was a godsend.. maybe if you are feeling sick quite a lot you should have a word with your doctor about some anti nausea pills??

its just today really amanda. i think im just sick of eating pulp lol. your weight loss is so not insignificant its great and like you said " we all do things at a different pace" ;-) xxx

Thanks dimond. I am so glad to be off the puree stage, it didn't suit me very much either. are you going onto mashed foods at the 21-28 day mark also? or is your post op plan different to mine. 4-5 weeks I will be on soft food and then from 5 weeks onwards my post op plan says normal foods...

U r still healing hune and its early days. Thats still 6 packs of butter. Not bad really ive not had op.yet I'd be chuffed at 3lb per week. Thats not bad really know u probably feel disappointed bit still a loss not a stall hune.

Amanda mine said 1-3 days liquid, then pureed untill 4 weeks then 4-6 weeks mash, then 6weeks + normal food. im on day 18 so i think i might go on mash on monday like you and see how i go! i know its a week early from what my hospital say but im really fed up. Do you think ill be ok? xxx

Im sure you will be fine... The lady who took me into hospital, she had her bypass last year, and she was on normal foods by 4 weeks, as the puree stage didnt agree with her, I even feel better on the mash than I ever did on the puree. I hated the puree texture whereas at least mash seems a bit more sort of like normal food, and it makes me feel fuller also. Maybe just try a little of something mashed like potato or scrambled egg and see if you cope with it.. Let me know how you get on xxx

Actually dimond you are only 4 days behind me anyway!! just realised that....

Back