• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VERY DEPRESSED

Come on mrs what did I tell you, 3lbs is good, we all lose at different rates, our bodies are in shock & hang onto our fat until it accepts the new eating levels then we throw in exercise & it goes on strike again. We all dream of huge losses & we get them but in little steps. Be positive don't panic, keep up the good work & think on the accumulated losses rather than individual losses each week in fact try to only weigh once a week not daily as you've been tempted into that's why I go to ww but the practice nurse will probably do the honours for you. That way you take some of the self imposed pressure off yourself, just because one or two get big losses doesn't mean you won't but if you don't a steady couple of pounds a week is a steady loss & quickly adds up & also let's the skin retract if it can so you don't have as much toning to do to try & erase the wobbly bits.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I know you're right penny... Was just so hoping for a really good loss this week. But have put my scales away and am only going to weigh once a week every friday, and try not to be so obsessed about it.. I look at you, and you lost a nice steady rate and not too quickly and you look great.. Would love to achieve that too xxx

You will Amanda , I was convinced I'd be the one it wouldn't work for etc , but I'm really cuffed with how its going . Just been looking at size 16 clothes thinking jez they're small they won't fit , but they do . Come new year you will be doing the same thing x

Will do Amanda! Keep posting what you are eating xxx

I was a bit hazy when you came to visit me cheryl, but I do remember thinking how good you looked and you certainly didn't look at all big... I am just going to have to be patient and forget the scales for a while I think...

Hi Amanda don't be disheartened think of it as even if it was always 3ln a week that's almost half a stone every fortnight!

I got the date for my op - 28 sept!

Em

I am 7 weeks post op & yes I also expected to have lost alot more by now, I think we all expect to wake up skinny lol. I lost 5 kgs in 2 weeks preop milk diet & only 10 kgs in 7 weeks post op but im thankful that 15 kgs have gone & looking forward to a few months down the line when I have lost more whatever that may be. I know I wouldnt have been able to do it on my own so I love my bypass. We as everyone says lose weight at a different rate be it the size we were at the start or our metobolic rates, I think if we do this right stick to the rules then in the end even if it is a years time we will get there. We have been overweight for many years a few months more wont hurt us, just look to the future & keep positive, at least we now have done something about it & have a thinner healthier life to look forward too. Wishing you all well.

Remember to the non scale victories, did you measure you vital statistics pre-op if you did have you checked them as the inches go even if the scales don't say the lbs have.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's taken me over 2 months to lose 3 pounds I'll take your week anytime!!! Step back think about what 3 pounds actually is.., AMAZING!!!!!

Oh wow emma!! an op date that is great news!! when is it??

didnt measure vitals penny, but I know now that i can get into 2 sizes smaller than before I went into hospital, so I am definitely getting smaller, I suppose it will never be quick enough !!!

Take your measurements now for future reference . I didn't do any pre op pics & regret it . But figures tell the real story x

When the scales aren't moving you will find your Weightloss will show more by the clothes x
I've always found this to be the case x

Have measured my vitals as best I can and made a note of them. Every week I also try on my tesco work trousers to use as a yardstick, and before I went into hospital, I couldn't do the button up at all!! Now I can put them on without undoing the button or unzipping them, and if I didn't hold on to them, they would slide down over my hips, so inches definitely have gone... I just still feel so Fat!!! Well I suppose I still am lol!!

if any of you have an iphone they have a great app called body compare, you take four pictures (or my children do it for me) once a month record weight and measurements and it stores it all for you allowing you to compare between start and any point between. and its FREE!!!

Have a samsung smartphone at the moment lizzyanne but considering an iphone as a replacement, so will keep that app in mind, it sounds like something that would be really useful xx

Back