• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very happy after today's appointment

Thats great news mr97 really pleased your appt went well. :)

Great news :)

Thanks very much

thats brilliant news so pleased for ya especially if you get shot of your diabetes as well and you dont have to have the balloon fantastic. xx

Thanks Chrisa - getting shot of diabetes is a freedom itself and I'm glad I don't need the balloon - didn't fancy that.

Today I've been to hospital for an appointment with the Dietician. I'm very pleased as I have lost 6kg since my last weigh-in two weeks ago.
I'm pleased with my weight loss and, that I'm moving closer to an op. date one appointment at a time.

Thank you, Paula

Progress so far: The nurse at the sleep clinic is happy with my progress with the CPAP machine. When she viewed the data on my CPAP machine it showed that I'd used the unit, on average, 4.6hrs per day. Apparently, anything over 4hrs per day over 6 weeks is okay. That's very good news for me as she is now going to write to my consultant and Anesthetist, to inform them that I'm ok for surgery re. my sleep apnea.
I've just been weighed too and I've lost just over 4stone since 14th Aug 2012 - about a stone a month! I haven't got an appointment date to see anyone re. my wls so I'm playing the waiting game. Hopefully next year I'll get a date.
Re. weight-loss prior to surgery, does anyone know if a patient can be refused wls for losing a lot of weight before hand?
Cheers

I think you will be fine Will well done you, thats an amazing loss, n u not had your op yet, great start. Brilliant new bout you cpap too. Once that is sorted your laughing hope fully won't take you long to get through the process it held me up. After losing 5 stone after the op i had nutha test and it was ok i had to send my machine back so its not always forever, i was thinking it was when i first got it, so possibility is there to get rid when more weight comes off. Keep up the good work and look forward to see ing you in January, take care and have a wonderful Christmas, just be careful with your food if you really want summat naughty then compensate, then just have small piece and be satisfied that you could have a little bit, this is how it will be after the surgery ,might as well get used to it. enjoy xx

Thanks Chrisa, I hope I no longer need the CPAP after I've lost enough weight. Looking forward to getting Christmas out of the way. I know I can put all the weight I've lost back on and more if I'm not careful - done it all my life!
Even weeks before Christmas I'm thinking should I have a day off on Christmas Day, which usually means giving myself permission to gorge from morning to night with a solemn promise to get back on the wagon the next day. My thinking is so black n white when it comes to food. Thanks for the tip about having a little portion of something that I fancy. I really need to practice this and I'm hoping the WLS can help me to help myself in this area too. For example, I would love to be able to order a regular takeaway meal and enjoy it for what it is, a once in a while treat. With me though, I turn the whole thing into a sort of "death row" styled last meal. It becomes a massive ritual that may never happen again so I must spend time over a menu to make sure I don't miss a thing - and usually don't - the whole thing gets blown out of proportion. The end result is normally that a banquet fit for a rugby team gets delivered and in a very short time I'm stuffed, skint and cursing myself for being such a fool.
By default, I have become an expert at losing and gaining weight, but I admit that I'm a rank armature when it comes to something as simple as a balanced diet.
Like you Chrisa, and many others here I'm hoping to use wls to help me not just lose weight, but to maintain the weight loss afterwards in a healthy way.
Have a great Christmas.

May be you should only have atakeaway when you have some one to share it with let them order for you, they will have a good idea of what you will eat that way you don't order loads and you are not out of pocket either. Christmas day will be difficult and it is allready raising its head for mist of us this fesytive sewason with the temptation of biscuits cakes and sweets. I think most of us have succumbed tot hem already so I know I will have to be sensible. If you can and you know what area your eating will be worst then work it out and measure your self small portions ready for the big day. I f its sweets then put 2 or 3 in a bag if you would have them throughout the day then put 2 or 3 bags up with only them in. Same as desert only buy a small xmas pudding if you know you will eta it all, what ever changes you make it will be better than what you had last year, don't beat yourself up just plan and stick to it. Try and drink water in betwen meals so that your are full and won't need to eat as much food, it does work, write down what you are goign to do and how do a days menu if thats what you need to do. Use it like a rigid timetable if thats what gets you through. You can do it its one day Will, enjoy yourself but keep your guard up, its all about changes. Am always here for ya if you need to chat, I know its difficult we are on our own this year both kids have left home now and hubby will have a lie down after lunch so I will be left to my own devices, it will be step away from the sweet tin and whateva else. xx

Chrisa speaks sense, mate. It's a highly tempting time looming, but be strong and focused. That's a great weight loss achievement, but the reward itself should be just that. Your new weight achievement. Not a takeaway etc. Hard I know, I'm eating prunes a lot now. As treats and mixed with natural yoghurt as part of a meal. Working wonders for Andrex shares...

Hope you both have a lovely Christmas Will and Joe, always on here if you need any help xx I am not an expert but have my own experiences to share xx

Thanks Chrisa. It's nice to know there's folk out there that's been through it all. Have a great festive time yourself. In some ways I'm glad I'm working through it - resists temptation of alcohol and nibbles etc.

Chrisa - I'll take your experience, over that of the so called experts, any day of the week. I have a cupboard full of books writen by well meaning professionals, all claiming to have 'the' answer re. exercise, diet etc.
I love your tip about asking a friend, who knows me well enough, to order a meal for me. Sometimes its having too much choice that can kick starts my obsessions about food and reinforce the fictional rewards a man v food sized takeaway promises.
Also, the tip about the portion sized bags for treats is something that makes good sense. Not having a sweet-tooth, I'll portion out my pistachios and walnuts - thanks for that Joe - so I'm not tempted to do my whole stash.

Joe - I just purchased 40 rolls of Triple Velvet from Costco (Only £10 too) so I may confidently try prunes in yogurt.

Thanks again

Bless ya both May you have a great time without the over indulgence, you will honestly feel loads better without it. No heartburn, or bloatedness, just contentment of being proud of yourself at not bingeing will add to the festivities, and your continued weight loss. Look forward to seeing you both in january hopefully with some news!!!! x

Hi, I have noticed your at Darlington hospital, I am going on the 26th feb I just would like to know what to expect??? My Gp did not give me a questionnaire to fill out I am waiting for it along with my letter. What are the waiting times like and what kind of questions do you get asked on the questionnaire?

Back