• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very happy after today's appointment

Well done for resisting the take aways!!! Tomorrow when you wake up you will be so proud of this achievment! Try not to beat yourself up about the exercise, you are doing so well xxx

Looking at this from my phone so can't see - where are you in the world??

I'm from Darlington in County Durham

Ok, at the other end of the country!! Lol. How is your mobility now, are you still housebound?? I am actually really proud of you for regaining your positivity and taking control once agiain, and as Caroline said you'll be I proud of yoursel in the morning. Good for you Hun.
Sarah
X

To be honest, its the fact that I'm at long last getting some help. Reading other posts and info from the internet has convinced me the WLS is right for me and I really don't want to mess-up my chance of surgery.
I'm not housebound as I'm getting to my appointments, shopping etc. instead of getting a lift or a taxi, I now walk. It's getting easier but I do get anxious at times as I'm so used to being in my comfort zone.
My GP has been great - had to go through the gauntlet terrible GPs to get to him. He'd suggested surgery and explained the procedure. He really inspired me to give it a shot as I'd given up on myself completely. There's only so many times you can loose vast amounts of weight only for it to return, before something gives.
Tomorrow I'll be another day closer...
Thank you caroline4013 & Sarahj2710

Aawwww thanks Hun, I am getting there the last few days have been a mare for me. Have had feelings of frustration and doubt and even managed to convince myself that they didn't actually do the surgery, as I've had absolutely no symptoms or restrictions. However, today I have really reflected on my loss and have lost almost 2 stone in less than 6 weeks post op, so I
Must be doing something right. You're doing really well pre-op. it's good practice for when you finally have your procedure.
Xx

I'm 3 weeks post op and I sometimes worry that I'm eating too much and that I'll stretch my pouch....but when I look at the teensy amount I'm eating now and the weight loss I know I'm doing it right....but it's crazy isn't it how we react to food situations, knowing that we're eating so little but still worrying its too much!
Em xxxx

Mr97 you're doing brilliantly already, I know when I went to my seminar they told us that any weight we could lose before the op would be looked upon favourably by the surgeon.
I've got to admit though, until my pre op diet I didn't really try to lose any, I think I lost about 7lbs in this time.
You sound so positive and motivated!
Lots and lots of luck
Em xxxxx

Thanks Em. Having a good day today. Feeling positive and hopeful. Had a 45min brisk walk - well brisk for me - and looking forward to another day closer to my next wls appointment.
You are making great progress! Well done you.

You're well ahead of me in the exercise stakes! I can manage about 20-30 minutes on the park with the dog.
I think a big part of my problem with exercise is that I stay up very late at night and then I'm always very tired during the day, really need to knock my computer gaming on the head methinks :rolleyes:

Go to sleep Em, lol. Just got woken up by my son coming in from work and now can't get back to sleep, gonna be wrecked tomorrow.

I'm a night owl too! I've never been a morning type person really and can easily loose track of time on the computer. I can't even think of exercise until afternoon.

Oh, I am an early bird. Usually in bed by 10, up at 6 (unless I get woken up by my son coming in from work).

well sounds like your doing great WELL DONE, but what i really really want to say is "RECIPE" please i have never made my own soup so a complete idiots guide would be great because that pot n leek soup sounds too good to miss. ty in advance xx

Sarahj2710 - with all us night owls & early birds kick'n about we'll have www.wlsurgery.com covered 24 - 7. lol

rickysmrs - Leek n Pot soup recipe coming straight after I finish my coffee.

Awwwwww ty hunnie ur a star. x

For rickysmrs -

Leek & Potato Soup
Ingredients:
1 clove of garlic (optional)
1 onion
2 medium sized potatoes
4 medium sized leeks
1 & half litres of stock (vegetable or chicken)
Salt ¼ tsp – I leave out the salt as the stock contains enough salt for my taste.
Pepper ¼ tsp – I use a lot as I love it in this soup.
Butter 1 tablespoon – I use spray oil to keep fat content down.

Prep:
Slice and wash the leeks; peel and finely chop potato, onion and garlic. Boil the kettle and use water to make stock from cubes, gel pots, powder etc.

Instructions:

· Heat the butter/oil in a pan and add onions; fry until soft before adding garlic.
· Stir-fry the garlic for about a minute before adding the potatoes and leeks.
· After stirring the vegetables around for a few minutes add pepper.
· Pour the stock over the vegetables until covered and beneath the water line.
· Bring to boiling point then simmer for around 30 – 35 minutes.

If you don’t like a thick soup add more stock. Taste the soup before adding salt, you may find you don’t need it! Use a stick blender or standard blender to finish. Enjoy...

Cheats:

If I’m in a rush or just too tired to start from scratch, I always have some frozen mash in the freezer. Aunt Betty’s frozen mash is a great substitute for peeling and chopping potatoes.
I find that a stick blender is much more convenient than a blender and the clean-up is a doddle.

Thanks copied to laptop yayyy cant wait to try it. xxx

I'm at the hospital to met with the bariatric nurse tomorrow. I really hope I've lost weight as I've put in a lot of effort. I do feel that I have but nobody has commented except my family and I think they only said that I have because I asked them if they thought I'd lost any. It's always better coming from someone you haven't seen for a while and mentions your weight loss without prompting.

Last edited:
I've just got back from the hospital after an appointment with the bariatric nurse and I'm well chuffed. I've lost 12kg (26lb) since 14th Aug.

Initially the appointment with the nurse was a 'pre-op' for me having a gastric balloon fitted as my BMI was 59. After weighing me the nurse contacted the consultant and it was agreed that I didn't need the 'balloon' after all so I get to move on to the next step of the process. The nurse informed me that I would be looking at next year, by way of a surgery date.
I asked about the 'sleeve' as what I have read about it, it seems ideal but I was informed that as I have diabetes (Type 2) & high blood pressure, the consultant would be looking at offering me bypass surgery. I was also informed that a great number of patients with diabetes, ceased to have the condition after bypass surgery. I was sure that the 'sleeve' offered similar results too but regardless of this, I am so pleased to be another step closer to a surgery date.
The nurse did reassure me that if I continued losing a lot of weight it would not prevent me from having wls. I asked about this as it was a worried I’d be refused surgery. ...In the past my problem has never been about losing weight it's always been about keeping it off - I would always regain every pound I lost and more.
Having given-up on myself and, resigning myself to a short lonely life, it is only the offer of help, by way of wls, that motivates me to continue. I know that surgery will help me rather than cure me - I would need brain surgery as well for that - but I truly believe it will give me a second chance to enjoy a fuller life as well as a solid 'tool' to help with the journey.:)

Aww mr 97 I'm so pleased for you. Like I said the team in Darlington are fantastic. The time will pass and you'll be getting you're surgery before you know it. Keep losing that weight as it will be better for you and Mr Samier when op comes. Well done xxx

Back