• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

one to One

missboydas

Well on the 11th January 2012 I went to the weightloss surgery seminar which was interesting to say the least. I have now been given a date to have my one to one with the consultant and the dietician it is on the 7th February. I am worried that I will not fill the criteria for the surgery as although I am overweight weighing 242lbs, my BMI is 42 and I suffer from a hiatus hernia I am otherwise okay.
At the seminar there were people there with sleep problems, diabetes, heart trouble, etc so my concern is I dont have the right symptoms.
Is there anyone who has had the surgery with just been overweight and a high BMI ???:sigh:

Did you go to the Seminar in Sunderland? If so you have already been granted the funding:) Yay! I think that at this point my BMI is under 40 after weight loss so far and I have no co-morbidities either. I currently waiting for an op date.

Hi yes I have nothing but high bmi when I started, it depends on your pct what the criteria is. Mine in north east is bmi 40 or bmi 35 with co morbs. X

No hun its at North Tees Hospital at stockton. They have just started doing the surgery there. In fact at the seminar we were told that they havent even done any surgery yet !!

Ah, sorry I am not sure about how that pct will work, but I'm sure someone will be alog soon who can help :) Btw, welcome to the site xx

Back