• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very very slow weight loss

rainbow27

hello,
i know we all loose at different times etc but i just feel mine is very very slow i am going to be 6months out and since my pre op im 4 stone down (so thats 3stone 6lb since op) and the scales have not moved for ages. Im at the gym 3 times a week. I just feel really disheartened today i paid £11,000 for this op i know its not a magic wand and its a tool and i wouldnt have lost 4 stone without it but i pretty much have well over another 4 stone to lose to be healthy. sorry to moan just the way im feeling today.
x

hiya honey, are you eating and drinking enough?

yeah i am, im going to up my water see if that makes a difference. Im so hacked off about it today x

Well dun on the weight loss so far hope it starts to move again really soon x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Firstly, well done on your weight loss. Just wondered if you are still doing protein first?

Hiya
it'll happen have patience may just be having a rest...

Try logging your daily intake with one of the websites. That will give you an idea how many calories you are taking in and the breakdown of protein carbs fats etc.

Our bodies are really good at adapting to a regime and if you are taking in less than 900 calories a day you will go into starvation mode and your weight loss will stop as your body tries to hold onto every single pound

It also might seem strange but if you are working out to lose weight you need to eat more. Think about it, you eat 1100 calories and you need at least 900 calories, if you work out and burn 400 then that leaves you with only 700 to fuel your body. Result is starvation mode because of the calorific deficit.

Lots of people stall because they are not eating enough protein and not getting in enough calories to allow their bodies to let go. Try the logging diary and if that's true in your case then by increasing your protein intake the loss will start again.

Also you have to remember that you were not that heavy to start with so your loss will not be as dramatic as someone who started out at 300lbs plus.

Good luck let us know how you get on xxx

Hugs and sympathy heading your way - I feel just the same, that it takes so long for the scales to shift. I seem to have been within the same 2lbs for about a month now no matter what I do. I guess we just have to try and remember that it's not a race and we should get there in the end.

As Karlos says it might be worth logging your intake - I've started doing this and am surprised at how few calories I take in sometimes. And I know I simply don't drink enough either!

thanks karlos your right i need to write down everything im eating and get more protien in.. im so disheartened just now hopefully that will pass when i look more closely at what im eating.

Minxie i know its not a race but 3st 6lb in 6 months is a bit :( poop... anyway thanks for your support and everyone else as well xxx

Going to the gym 3 times a week for me would be too much - remember muscle can weigh more than fat, you could be building your muscles up too much.

I'd cut back on the gym sessions just to see.
xx

Going to the gym 3 times a week for me would be too much - remember muscle can weigh more than fat, you could be building your muscles up too much.

I'd cut back on the gym sessions just to see.
xx

Muscle and fat weigh exactly the same hun, a pound is a pound is a pound.

Muscle fibre is more dense so takes up less space, that's how we can not lose weight, but our measurements shrink. Also aerobic exercise doesn't build muscle just helps to burn fat so unless the OP is stressing her muscle fibres sufficiently enough to break them down with heavy resistance exercise she won't be building muscle. It's more likely that she is not getting enough protein to either build muscle or allow her body to release it's fat stores

Upping protein and fluid intake and changing your exercise routine is normally the key to restarting weight loss

Karlos said:
Muscle and fat weigh exactly the same hun, a pound is a pound is a pound.

Muscle fibre is more dense so takes up less space, that's how we can not lose weight, but our measurements shrink. Also aerobic exercise doesn't build muscle just helps to burn fat so unless the OP is stressing her muscle fibres sufficiently enough to break them down with heavy resistance exercise she won't be building muscle. It's more likely that she is not getting enough protein to either build muscle or allow her body to release it's fat stores

Upping protein and fluid intake and changing your exercise routine is normally the key to restarting weight loss

I tried explaining that to someone recently. A pound is a pound, but dense muscle takes up less space. Glad I weren't just making it up lol

I'm exactly the same as I'm 12 weeks post surgery and have onlylost 2st 4lb. I found out that my digestive tract is incredibly slow in fact 8 times slower than normal. the only reason i know this is because due to complications i had a drain fitted and had to have xrays and monitoring done. You may have the same problem. I've been told to try and just drink hot drinks and exercise and the weight will go eventually. Good luck Debs

I am not loosing either, i was never told to take any extra protien of any kind, just fluids and mush - which i am fed up with - had op on 29th November so i know its not that long since but hoped i would have lost more than i have - maybe expectations are too high

x

What sort of protein are you having Doughie. I made chicken and leek soup with loads of chicken, a whole roasted chicken to a stock pot of soup and liquidized this up. I ate that for the first couple of weeks along with other soups equally high in protein. You can add extra protein by adding a couple of tsps of skimmed milk pwd to soups and shakes too. I'm on the mashed stage as of tomorrow, though really I've been on it for a good few days now. I've been mashing up poached salmon and sauce and shepherds pie, chilli, chicken curry, all sorts. I'm probably still not getting enough protein. I also eat peanut butter on cracker bread and peanuts as snacks as they chew away to complete pulp.

I've just had a stall for a week when I didn't lose then this last week I lost 6lb, I'm a week ahead of you so hopefully the scales should move for you next week.

Love Kate x

I don't eat cheese so I have to get my protein in with milk. I have also used milk powder added to drinks to get more in. I have started the mashed stage yesterday and have chewed away at some chicken and beef, so far so good. You can't really fail to lose if you are on low calories Doughie, don't get disheartened. I only lost 2lb last week but this week I lost 6lb. xx

Karlos is the voice of reason hun... well done with the four stone already that is a great achievement xx

Glad I read this, I was really feeling down aout my weight loss. On the 22nd I will be 6 months post op and I weigh around 16st 11. On day of surgery I was 22st, have to keep reminding myself that Xmas 2010 I was over 24st.

I guess I see people loosing so much kore than me and go into panic mode, I do gravitate towards carbs so have to be really careful to eat enough protein.

Thanks to your post Karlos I feel better, I am going to track my eating as I don't think I am eating enough...I get so nervous that I am eating too much that I cut back and maybe that is my problem.

hey guys well ive still stalled and thats coming on 2 months i have been to see my surgeon and he fobbed me off as did the dietician so god knows ive upped my water stuck to my protien kept a food diary :( xx

Back