• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visit to the health shop

Deebol

Hi all, starting slim fast on Monday for 2 weeks then the milk diet 3rd week in time for band op on 27th Oct. Mixed feeling which Im sure you are all too aware off.
Im off to the health shop on Mon and to chemist and I just wondered if banders could do me a little bit of a shopping list. Best vitamins to get and pain relief (anything to make my journey easier).
Reading threads on the hair loss which I really feel for people as I know how important hair is to women. Is this just bypassers who experience this or banders as well?
x

Hi Deebol.

GRIPE WATER!!!!!! Top of the list and an absolute must for post-op wind pain! Also those heat packs that you can put in the microwave are great.

If you can tolerate soluble painkillers get some, but I hate them so I just got some Calpol for post-op pain and that was all I needed. I bought loads of other stuff which I ended up not using.

Make sure you get some lipsyl as when you go in having to fast for the op it is nice to have something for your lips, and also perhaps some mint fresh breath spray if you want to be able to freshen your mouth up (although I didn't use mine I still thought it was a good tip that someone gave me!)

Vitamins wise, to start with I was recomended to take Berocca - this is a daily multi vit and mineral tablet which dissolves to make an orange drink. At about six weeks post op I was told it was fine to move on to childrens chewable multi vits.

Hope this helps a bit

Good luck xxx

PS!!! I am just starting with hair loss now as well, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is not a special treat just for bypassers!

LOL!! My hair was always dead thick, but it is thinning fast - not patchy tho. Just when you run your fingers through you get lots of stands left on your hands, or you notice them in the plughole, on the towel etc. Is just one of those things with rapid weight loss. Doesn't happen for everyone and, for me anyway is well worth putting up with because of the results the surgery are giving :)

Back