• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vitamins and pro biotics

nikster1975

After just finding and replying on a thread about vitamins post op.......I thought I would post some info I found whilst researching vitamins my self.....I have this week changed my multi vitamin to one with a pro biotic included.....

Has anyone else taken the pro biotics and how have you done on them????

Probiotics Help Adult Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery - washingtonpost.com

Hi nikki , my mum takes those and she also buys vegan ones because they have double the vitamins in , might be worth a try... how you feeling ? not sure if iv had a bug this week not felt to clever all week my tummy is always gurgling and iv felt quite sick had the runs too , hope your doing ok xxx

hiya hun, feeling ok all mi scars have healed brill but need this snow to go now so i can get out, as i would fill boring days with eating and can't do that now!!!!
I was feeling exactly same as you last week and it turned out i was having a low tollerance to cheese the fat in it was too much for me!!!!
stopped the cheese and loads better now...... maybe just have a look at what you've introduced this week that ya haven't had before?????

I feel quite good on the multibionta cause the others made me feel a bit queesy.

mmm iv had corned beef this week which i hadnt and had some tropicana today which my pouch didnt like at all , starting to feel a bit run down now , my scars have closed up nicely but have a bit of pain from them , i could murder a peice of toast !! xx

i know what ya mean about the toast..having loads of homemade soups minus the home made croutons :eek:( feel ready to start introducing the soft foods.... only another 2 and a half weeks!!!!

I have an actimel 0% fat and sugar yoghurt dink every day. It's very good for keeping the bowels regular too! :D

I have an actimel every day, but I'll be totally honest, the many journal articles I have read on how pre & pro-biotics affect weight loss in patients who have had WLS, suggest that while they certainly won't hurt, the gut actually adjusts its own levels of what we commonly term 'good' & 'bad' gut bacteria, in response to calorific intake. Over time, as obesity levels lower, the 'good' bacteria load increases while 'bad' bacteria loads decrease.

I have an actimel 0% fat and sugar yoghurt dink every day. It's very good for keeping the bowels regular too! :D

only trouble is in my house i don't get a look in at the yoghurt drinks Grace, I buy them then the kids are like locust lol

Ive just got some Actimel today, the dentist recommended them as he's put me on anti-biotics and said as Im not eating very much they might (anti biotics) kill the good bacteria aswell as the bad.......so Ive got some and they taste ok. I thought they'd be mingin lol :D XX

I have an actimel every day, but I'll be totally honest, the many journal articles I have read on how pre & pro-biotics affect weight loss in patients who have had WLS, suggest that while they certainly won't hurt, the gut actually adjusts its own levels of what we commonly term 'good' & 'bad' gut bacteria, in response to calorific intake. Over time, as obesity levels lower, the 'good' bacteria load increases while 'bad' bacteria loads decrease.

thanks for the scientific take on this Angie. I tend to drink the Actimel as my doctor recommended live culture yoghurt when I caught dysentery a few years ago...and I was on huge doses of IV antibiotics in hospital which played havoc with my natural flora!

Grace xxx

only trouble is in my house i don't get a look in at the yoghurt drinks Grace, I buy them then the kids are like locust lol

Niki I have a cupboard for my food which no-one else is allowed to touch! It works some of the time! :p

Grace xxx

Ive just got some Actimel today, the dentist recommended them as he's put me on anti-biotics and said as Im not eating very much they might (anti biotics) kill the good bacteria aswell as the bad.......so Ive got some and they taste ok. I thought they'd be mingin lol :D XX

They're quite nice aren't they Dotty? I got horrendous thrush after being on loads of antibiotics in hospital. The yoghurt definitely does help.

Grace xxx

Back