• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins with the Sleeve

Branches

Hi all I am 11 days post op. I have centrum chewable vitamins to take when ready. Does anyone know on what day you can take them?
Thanks

Hannah2

Hi Branches I am not having a sleeve so I don't know specifics. However, we have been told not to take the chewy centrum ones as they do not contain everything you need. We have been recommended sanatogen a-z or a couple of diff supermarket ones but I can't remember right now. Centrum is not on our list either as it is missing some specific things.

We have to take 2 a day before the op and afterwards, even the day after surgery! - I was worried about having to swallow them but apparently it will be ok! I am yet to believe that!

What has your provider recommended?

The vits help with healing so it is important to take them asap and before the op if possible.

Hopefully someone with a sleeve can give more specific help!

Tracey

I take multi vitamin tablets from boots I take 2 chewable a day and have done since day 1 .... I'm sleeved xxx

FeeBee

I tried chewable and it made me sick so I was back swallowing all my meds including vitamins from day 3. My hospital helpfully listed all the ones that were acceptable so I knew I'd got appropriate ones. Ask what they recommend if you're not sure x

Monalisa

You can suck the centrum ones until they dissolve so you can take them as soon as you feel up to it after six weeks I was told to take foreceval which are like a horse tablet lol x

Bear

I couldn't take the chewable a either. Was prescribed soluble forcival, but these made me heave like nothing else. Provider said I wouldn't die if I couldn't take anything for a few weeks, but when I felt able to take their recommended Sanatogen a-z. As I was already taking tablets, ie. Omeprazole etc I tried after 2 weeks and it went down fine. Have taken them ever since.

Branches

Thanks all, I did take them before op, but I remember my surgeon saying not to take them for a bit as they are too harsh on the stomach. I can't remember how many days he said though!
I have been told to take centrum for 3 months and then move to a non chewable one x

LittleMissNom

I was told to get centrum chewable too... no others have been suggested/ recommended to me. I guess any multivitamin is good for me as I have not had any for years!! What's not in the centrum chewable? Are the sanatogen a-z chewable?? :watermelon:

SAM55

I was told to get centrum chewable too... no others have been suggested/ recommended to me. I guess any multivitamin is good for me as I have not had any for years!! What's not in the centrum chewable? Are the sanatogen a-z chewable?? :watermelon:
I had a conversation with Mary on Wednesday about chewable vitamins as I was having trouble finding any adult ones that said A-Z. The joy of living in the sticks!! She said I could use either Centrum or Bassetts, and would be prescribed Forceval after four weeks. I bought Bassets as they were cheaper and they are not A-Z as they don't have zinc, but she didn't seem concerned if I didn't take any for the first few weeks (although I am), so am going to give the Bassets a try to see how I get on. Some vitamins are better than nothing :)

countrywench

I have a band and I take Floradix multi with iron .. Hubby takes it also as he does get really tired and flat and I think it's helping .. I've been taking 2 a day for the last week or so as I've been feeling a little lethargic and a little heady..
Any broad based vit can only do you good ..
Xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I have x 2 centrum advance A-Z with an extra vitamin D with calcium as prescribed by the hospital.

All tablet form and all taken from the day after surgery :D

Want2b3

I bought a syrup from boots for children and told a tablespoon would be recommended. Are syrup forms ok? But expensive.