• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins

Fizzpot

Hey everyone, which vitamins did you all buy and which did you find the best? Are we supposed to have chewy ones at first I've probably been told but can't remember thanks xxx

Yes chewable or liquid! I couldn't get on with the hard chewy ones so bought kids ones that are like jelly sweets from boots! A-z multi vitamins is what I was told! X

That's great thanks I bought them and then thought I wonder if that's right lol thanks again xx

Hi

Watch own for the chewable ones they don't contain the right minerals that you need after WLS, I think they lack iron but may also be lacking in something else.

For me I am now on the ones from my doctors on prescription, Forceval they are called and when you first open the packet you think how the hell am I going to take them, they are huge and look to be real Donky chokers, but I am 7 weeks post op bypass and can take them fine.

Double check with your team that the ones you are on are ok, they are the best ones to ask and its important that you get this right or you wll suffer down the road from now.

Paul

Last edited:
I take Forceval, and the key to these are taking them out the packet and getting them to room temp before you take them.

I break them out the packet a month at a time, and then they go nice and soft.

Ive had blood tests done recently through my GP as I havent had much post op care from prague, and it came back that i had iron and b12 deficiency.

I am guessing this is from the band as I have never had an issue before, but I am struggling to eat meat as it gets stuck.
I am on lots of meds and injections. Does anyone have any other ideas or suffered with similar probs??
x

Hi

Although chewable or liquid multi vits don't contain enough or any Iron you can get Iron in a liquid form, which you should be able to take, as for the B12 have a look at the contents of some of the better known vitamins and compare the B12 content to the ones you are taking, the difference might be enough to sort your deficiencys out.

Paul

All the vits you get in a list from the doc you can get on prescription for life. I have a prescription pre payment card, £100 a year, which covers every prescription I need.

Back