• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vitamins

shelly130672

Hi ,could anyone tell me if you are given a supply of vitamins after having sleeve surgery to take home with you or do you have to buy them to take into hospital with you

Hi ,could anyone tell me if you are given a supply of vitamins after having sleeve surgery to take home with you or do you have to buy them to take into hospital with you

Hi, the hospital I'm with said they will give me 14 days supply then I'll have to get my own. They are for life. X

Yes bought my own too. Same as Karina's Centrum chewable two a day (often in offer in boots and superdrug) once you are on normal.foods, Centrum advance two a day for life.

I got my centrum advance 50+ on prescription from GP along with Iron/Calcium D3 Forte... works out cheaper with my £10 odd a month pre-prescription payment card.

Centrum 50+ Woman 2x a day on prescription. And I have to take Vitamin D once a week.

I had RNY gastric bypass hospital gave me Sanatogen A-Z complete and Adcal-D3 chewable calcium and I my notes to GP said he was to prescribe them for life!

I buy my own I was buying Sanatogen A-Z complete and Centrum 50+ Woman from asda but when I was chatting with my dietician nurse she said no need to buy such expensive brands the supermarket own brand do the same thing for a fraction of the cost she even showed me a list of what each pill from the high end and the shop own brand contains and it was nearly the same so taking her advise I now buy asda own brand £1 for 30 pills

I don't think any of us should buy vitamins, they are now deemed to be medically necessary, I had this argument with my GP, after my surgeon sent a letter telling him what to prescribe. I had already bought a pre payment prescription card. The GP whinged about the cost, but it isn't our job to balance the books for the NHS, I pay my taxes at the rate asked therefore I expect to get medically necessary tablets on prescription!
I also buy good quality omega 3, k2, vit C and magnesium citrate, I spend about £30 a month but spend a lot less on the weekly shopping bill!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back