• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VSG plus Gall bladder removal

slimsuz

Hi all am new here, I have my sleeve booked for the 8th November. I have recently been having gall stone attacks and am booked in to have my gall bladder removed at the same time as they do my sleeve. Has anyone else had this done together? What was your recovery like please? Thanks in advance xx

Hi all am new here, I have my sleeve booked for the 8th November. I have recently been having gall stone attacks and am booked in to have my gall bladder removed at the same time as they do my sleeve. Has anyone else had this done together? What was your recovery like please? Thanks in advance xx

Hey, I have not had both done together but have had them done separately.

Gall bladder removal is usually day surgery with quite a quick recovery, I imagine as they are in that similar region that the recovery won't be that much different to a sleeve alone. Maybe an extra week or so.

Good luck x

Well I am 11 days post op and can't say I have suffered with any pain, I was up and walking 4 hours after my op unaided.. I had a few days of feeling very nauseated, and horrible wind pain in my chest, but that's all. So... If anyone else is having the two operations together I want to let you know that I did not find it bad at all :)..... I am completely done with the liquid diet now though! Roll on purée stage pleeeeaaassseee! X

Back