• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VSG surgery date 12 th July

jojo22674

hi just had my surgery date 12 th July OMG that's 2 weeks tomorrow...... sooooo nervous but not so much for the surgery as Ive had a couple of major ops but more the after of getting it right regarding knowing what's best to eat and finding what I can and can't eat ! I've been lurking in the background ( sounds so wrong lol ) for a few months now reading posts and other amazing Weight loss journeys just trying to get bits of info id love to speak to someone going through the same journey I'm having the sleeve and it's all happened quite quick as I had my first consultation 8th may saw dietician 17 June and had the phone call today with my surgery date I've looked into all types of different procedures and found this the right one for me I've watched you tube for months which I found really helpful ,I start my shakes tomorrow which I'll be on till surgery day

That brilliant timing! Where are you based, if you dont mind! I'm pretty new on the site, but I think you have skipped over some major obstacles which is great!

Good luck hun, i am having a band on the 18th of July.

Its getting so close...nervous but excited xxxx

Good luck hun, i am having a band on the 18th of July.

Its getting so close...nervous but excited xxxx
Arhhh thanks, I know yeah I had my pre op date yesterday which is next Monday it'll seem even more real once I've been to that holy shmoke !!!!! Lol good luck with your band where you at ?

Arhhh thanks, I know yeah I had my pre op date yesterday which is next Monday it'll seem even more real once I've been to that holy shmoke !!!!! Lol good luck with your band where you at ?

Have you started your preop diet? Thank youuuu... I am based in Essex and having my op with healthier weight. I am on holiday atm, the day I return I start my pre op diet - eekkk xxxx

Have you started your preop diet? Thank youuuu... I am based in Essex and having my op with healthier weight. I am on holiday atm, the day I return I start my pre op diet - eekkk xxxx
Yeah I started it yesterday I'm having shakes and a small meal my dietitian actually gave me the option if which one to do i.e.: low cal , portion control or shake supplements so I chose shakes as I've done Cambridge before so I know what I'm letting myself in for lol and first 2 weeks are the hardest I think on any diet what pre op diet have they put you on ? I've heard loads of people do the milk diet on here !most importantly enjoy your holiday and make the most of all that wonderful food lol x

Yeah I started it yesterday I'm having shakes and a small meal my dietitian actually gave me the option if which one to do i.e.: low cal , portion control or shake supplements so I chose shakes as I've done Cambridge before so I know what I'm letting myself in for lol and first 2 weeks are the hardest I think on any diet what pre op diet have they put you on ? I've heard loads of people do the milk diet on here !most importantly enjoy your holiday and make the most of all that wonderful food lol x

I know, i thought that - never heard of the milk diet before...

I am just having 3 shakes a day..i have also done cambridge and lost so much but put it on quickly too..it is a killer at first but i think it will be ok as its not optional and we have to do it :)..

Hahaha i really am thank you..lots of drink n all inclusive food hahaha xxxxxx

Hi jojo
I've seen a couple of your posts over the last few days and can see (or it appears) you are really really nervous around the whole process. I was just wondering if your'e feeling any more re-assured since your pre-op app today? Is there anything in particular that's worrying you that somebody on the forums could possibly offer you some info or support with?
xxx

Hi Molly thank you so much for your interest I'll try and elaborate a little here lol I've had 2 major ops within the space of 6 weeks .
I was lay on my tummy on a hard floor and felt a little uncomfortable after prodding around I felt a lump ! cut a long story short while having numerous scans and more investigation they found which was confirmed as a huge cyst on my ovary apparently the size of a watermelon anyway one of the scans also found cancer in one of my kidneys so there we have it all done and dusted now thankfully,
But part of my kidney was removed along with ALL traces of the cancer that was in April 2015 then 6 weeks after a total hysterectomy which they advised because of the cancer which was fine by me it was open surgery and I have to give full credit to both my surgeons as my scarring is sooooo neat oh I've also had 2 Caesarian sections so I'm up to date with all pros and cons of surgery but hell was i in pain after with the gas they fill you up with when you have keyhole everybody is different and I think bcuz it's happened once it's bound to happen again I think I can say it's that that's making me nervous it was excruciating don't want to scare anybody but I'd go through a million open surgeries than have that pain phewww
oh yeah nurse was lovely at pre op today I've decided I've just got to get on with it it'll be over in no time ouch !!!!!! Feeling a little better bet your sorry you asked now lol xx

Wow you have had a rough time of it! If you can cope with what you've already been though you can definitely do this. As you say; it will be over in no time and it will be so worth it.
Keep on using the forum support. I am finding that everybody is so supportive and understanding. Really gives you boost to keep on going.
xxx

Wow you have had a rough time of it! If you can cope with what you've already been though you can definitely do this. As you say; it will be over in no time and it will be so worth it.
Keep on using the forum support. I am finding that everybody is so supportive and understanding. Really gives you boost to keep on going.
xxx
It definitely does I'm so glad I found it the support is amazing and no longer feel like I'm the only one in the world having it done lol xx

Eekkk got my other half to take a full body pic of me tonight so I remember how far I have come (once I have the op) lol bye bye 19st 7 fml...

Hurry 18th!!!! Hope you guys have taken pre op piccies :) xxxx

Attachments

• 20170701_190552.jpg
    20170701_190552.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Hi Jojo,
Hope all goes well for you on 12th. will be thinking of you
Jo xxx

Hi Jojo,
Hope all goes well for you on 12th. will be thinking of you
Jo xxx
Arhhh ! Thanks so much , your in tomorrow aren't you are you feeling ok ? My nerves have gone since my pre op last Monday I'm full of anxiety just can't come quick enough now .
Really hoping all goes well with you , I'll be thinking of you xx

Thanks :) My nerves have kicked in too now. Too anxious to sleep xxx

Back