• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VSG surgery date 12 th July

I bl**dy hope so this time haha. Hope I will be well enough to do an update on here tomorrow night xxx

lol I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to be where you are :) pre op diet over.. getting ready for the hospital journey. right on the verge of your new life :D

omg so exciting!! Good luck! i hope everything goes really well for you. Let us know as soon as you can xx

Well I'm alive lol I was in theatre longer than expected as there was a bleed top part of my stomach all sorted though such a great team here , I'm ok feeling really good no pain as yet I'm up and washed only been siping water may have a cup of tea soon here's to the day ahead xx

great to hear everything went well.
Thanks Andy I met up with Paula in there which was nice , home now and recovering well sipping on water and peppermint (wind) lol tried watery tomatoe soup only managed a couple of sips but it is only day 3 .

Well I'm alive lol I was in theatre longer than expected as there was a bleed top part of my stomach all sorted though such a great team here , I'm ok feeling really good no pain as yet I'm up and washed only been siping water may have a cup of tea soon here's to the day ahead xx

I'm so glad to hear everything went well jojo :) welcome to the losers bench xxx

Hi I've just come across this thread, I had my sleeve done on 11th July. How are you all getting on? I'm having problems with pain on my right side when I cough and I'm tired but apart from that physically ok.
My family all ordered dominoes on my first night home from hospital and it was pure torture, I felt really hungry which suprised me as I thought I wouldn't. I'm managing to drink sieved cup a soups with no problem. It'd be great to know if we're all experiencing the same things x

I'm so glad to hear everything went well jojo :) welcome to the losers bench xxx
Hi I've just come across this thread, I had my sleeve done on 11th July. How are you all getting on? I'm having problems with pain on my right side when I cough and I'm tired but apart from that physically ok.
My family all ordered dominoes on my first night home from hospital and it was pure torture, I felt really hungry which suprised me as I thought I wouldn't. I'm managing to drink sieved cup a soups with no problem. It'd be great to know if we're all experiencing the same things x
Hi you seem to be doing really well the pain on your right side does it happen to be where they took your stomach out just a thought ,but your still bound to be tender . I'm feeling super tired think it's more a case of no energy (no food) and still a little tender myself and my family keep doing the same first night home and chip shop the smell drove me crazy lol not hungry but just to chew and every advert on tv is food I mean did I just not notice before grrrrrrr :mad: I tried tom soup but watered down the taste was good but the thought of having it again isnt a good one I think it's the consistency but just going to persevere with the soup wishing you well on your journey xx

Haha YES the adverts drive me bonkers too! Even watching This Morning got me all irritable because of the cooking and food tasting :( I havnt had any solid food for nearly 2 weeks now if I include the pre op diet and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope just having fluids. Like you I've had watery soup and the thought of that for another 10 days makes me depressed. Yesterday I sieved a tin of heinz scotch broth and it tasted so good. Thicker than the cup a soup, but still liquid and felt more like food. I also had a kids innocent apple smoothie and I felt revived lol I managed to sleep until 9 this morning when I've been awake at 5am every other day so not sure if the food made a difference. I'm taking my little boy away for a few days tomorrow so now I'm going to muster up the energy to pack a case and tidy the house :( x

Back