• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VSG surgery date 12 th July

Oh my talk about mean families
You should send them out or to another room.
My family feel guilty about eating stuff in front of me, but at 7 weeks out it doesn't bother me & im rarely hungry.
I really need to work on eating more as I'm literally having to force myself to eat.
Glad all is well.

Haha YES the adverts drive me bonkers too! Even watching This Morning got me all irritable because of the cooking and food tasting :( I havnt had any solid food for nearly 2 weeks now if I include the pre op diet and I'm not sure how much longer I can cope just having fluids. Like you I've had watery soup and the thought of that for another 10 days makes me depressed. Yesterday I sieved a tin of heinz scotch broth and it tasted so good. Thicker than the cup a soup, but still liquid and felt more like food. I also had a kids innocent apple smoothie and I felt revived lol I managed to sleep until 9 this morning when I've been awake at 5am every other day so not sure if the food made a difference. I'm taking my little boy away for a few days tomorrow so now I'm going to muster up the energy to pack a case and tidy the house :( x
Take it easy still heeling inside I know easier said than done as I have to girls 10 and 14 so they are now slaves at my command lol enjoy yourself and I will defo be trying the scotch broth and kids innocent apple smoothie sounds delicious thanks xx

Oh my talk about mean families
You should send them out or to another room.
My family feel guilty about eating stuff in front of me, but at 7 weeks out it doesn't bother me & im rarely hungry.
I really need to work on eating more as I'm literally having to force myself to eat.
Glad all is well.
Hi Andy no I want them to eat in front of me it's me that's had the surgery they feel awful but I guess the quicker I get used to it the easier it will be ! (I hope ) lol

I have a 3 year old and he's been a nightmare all day :( definitely a long way off being a slave :) luckily I think ive turned a corner, not tired or hungry, no headaches and I've managed to get loads done (with rests in between). I've taken hayfever medication and that's stopped me coughing so subsequently no pain in right side either. I can't believe it's 10pm and I'm not in bed yet. Let's hope it lasts x

Hi people just give you a catch up I'm feeling better day by day actually feel normal again now healing well still only managing about 1 litre of fluids a day , but for around 5 days I had no movement on the scales which for just coming into week 2 was more than irritating me but I know TMI I had not been toilet for 10 days I needed to but just wasn't to be however ... yesterday a miracle happened I went and jeez feel almost 100% better already lost 2lb lol and another 2 lb today thank god so I've checked with my hospital to see what I can have to give me a helping hand and any form of liquid i.e. Fybre gel or lactalose is fine ! Really don't want to go through that again so from 18.5 at the start of pre op diet to 16.4 now whoop whoop !! looking forward to starting puréed on Wednesday (not) lol but we do what we have to do x

Hi people just give you a catch up I'm feeling better day by day actually feel normal again now healing well still only managing about 1 litre of fluids a day , but for around 5 days I had no movement on the scales which for just coming into week 2 was more than irritating me but I know TMI I had not been toilet for 10 days I needed to but just wasn't to be however ... yesterday a miracle happened I went and jeez feel almost 100% better already lost 2lb lol and another 2 lb today thank god so I've checked with my hospital to see what I can have to give me a helping hand and any form of liquid i.e. Fybre gel or lactalose is fine ! Really don't want to go through that again so from 18.5 at the start of pre op diet to 16.4 now whoop whoop !! looking forward to starting puréed on Wednesday (not) lol but we do what we have to do x

Hi Jojo,

Glad you are feeling good. The none movement in the scale is very irritating, I'm at week 8 now & only lost 0.5lbs this week.
Do you drink coffee? If I have a coffee in the morning It usually gets things moving for me, 30min - 1hr later I need to go. Laxido is also a good quite gentle laxative, not sure if you can get it over the counter as I have it on prescription. I've only needed to take it a couple of times since my op as coffee seems to do the trick.

Andy.

Hi Jojo,

Glad you are feeling good. The none movement in the scale is very irritating, I'm at week 8 now & only lost 0.5lbs this week.
Do you drink coffee? If I have a coffee in the morning It usually gets things moving for me, 30min - 1hr later I need to go. Laxido is also a good quite gentle laxative, not sure if you can get it over the counter as I have it on prescription. I've only needed to take it a couple of times since my op as coffee seems to do the trick.

Andy.
Hi Andy thanks for that yep defo going to my go tomorrow see what they can prescribe for me ! Yes I do drink coffee which is what started it all off yesterday but this was the first time I had it since 2 days after my op it was the first drink I had at home when I got back from hospital but it made me feel s little nauseous so not touched it since until yesterday and I felt fine , so I'll be preserving with coffee any way good to here how your getting on x

Hi jojo, glad to hear you're doing well x
I lost 10kg after op but nothing for about 5 days. I went away and walked 10k steps each day, only had 2 lattes and a cup a soup each day but lost absolutely nothing. Feeling a bit depressed really as it started so well but I've majorly stalled. I don't have any problem drinking fluids and don't feel dehydrated. I'm not eating a lot as I can't bring myself to eat the pureed food. I don't 'fancy' anything anymore but don't feel tired or weak at all. Has anyone got any tips? I'm obviously doing something wrong xx

Hi jojo, glad to hear you're doing well x
I lost 10kg after op but nothing for about 5 days. I went away and walked 10k steps each day, only had 2 lattes and a cup a soup each day but lost absolutely nothing. Feeling a bit depressed really as it started so well but I've majorly stalled. I don't have any problem drinking fluids and don't feel dehydrated. I'm not eating a lot as I can't bring myself to eat the pureed food. I don't 'fancy' anything anymore but don't feel tired or weak at all. Has anyone got any tips? I'm obviously doing something wrong xx

The only suggestion I have is that your body is in starvation mode because your only managing a cup a soup a day plus fluids. I know on pureed we can only manage small amounts anyway but you do need to try and get in the 3 meals plus fluids everyday or you'll become ill and your body will store any calories you consume as fat because it doesn't know when it's next meal is coming! I'm only 3 and half weeks out myself but when I manage the 3 meals plus fluids and a good 30 min power walk, I find I'm losing weight. Xx

Thanks Lj, ive had the 3 meals today and ive also upped my water intake. I've found that I can stomach carrot and swede pureed with grated cheese and ive had a couple of snacks of light cheese triangles too. I'll keep on it, I only used to eat once a day before. Old habits die hard, ive had years of people telling me diets are easy just "put in less than you use" so it's really frustrating that I've stalled. How are you? X

Thanks Lj, ive had the 3 meals today and ive also upped my water intake. I've found that I can stomach carrot and swede pureed with grated cheese and ive had a couple of snacks of light cheese triangles too. I'll keep on it, I only used to eat once a day before. Old habits die hard, ive had years of people telling me diets are easy just "put in less than you use" so it's really frustrating that I've stalled. How are you? X

Bless you hun, it is hard but it will be worth it in the end. I used to skip meals too and then binge on a night time but it's so important to have those 3 balanced meals a day. It sounds like you've had a really positive day, I'm really pleased for you :)

I know what you mean by that but on a good day, I'm still probably consuming less than 600 calories with my 3 meals and snacks so we definitely shouldn't be aiming for any less than that.

I'm not doing too bad thank you - I can't wait to end this damn purée stage. I want normal food and I want it now! :innocent0001: Lol xxx

I feel your pain with the puree! I have to force myself to eat it. I've seen people on here saying they are allowed tuna mayo at the puree stage but im saving that until I move onto mashed food! Yay! Never thought I'd be excited by something like that! I'm craving so many things that I don't even like, ommlette, quiche, steak pie filling?? Pate! Think my bodies telling me im deficient. Are you managing a loss each day? And what are you eating? I need inspiration x

I feel your pain with the puree! I have to force myself to eat it. I've seen people on here saying they are allowed tuna mayo at the puree stage but im saving that until I move onto mashed food! Yay! Never thought I'd be excited by something like that! I'm craving so many things that I don't even like, ommlette, quiche, steak pie filling?? Pate! Think my bodies telling me im deficient. Are you managing a loss each day? And what are you eating? I need inspiration x

Sorry I've only just seen this reply @Nearlynewme ! I know it's crazy what things I'm fancying, before surgery I had a real sweet tooth - I would binge chocolate and cake and doughnuts, you name it! Now I just crave savoury things. I'm on my last week of pureed so I've actually started to purée less and mash things. Such as a weight watchers cottage pie, it's mostly mash anyway so I just mashed it with a fork with gravy. I've tried all sorts.. Beans and sausages with cheese. Mash with cheese triangle melted in, pureed Sunday dinner, pureed mushy peas with gravy, pureed fish cake with mushy peas and also fish fingers (yum yum)! Just trying all sorts but can't wait for my next stage of soft foods. I just want to eat normal again!!

I was losing almost everyday but this is now my 4th week out and it's been a funny old week. I stalled and gained 1lb (constipation, sorry if TMI) and then went to the toilet and now lost 2lbs today. I'm done 2st 7lbs since pre-op. :)

How are you getting on? X

Sorry I've only just seen this reply @Nearlynewme ! I know it's crazy what things I'm fancying, before surgery I had a real sweet tooth - I would binge chocolate and cake and doughnuts, you name it! Now I just crave savoury things. I'm on my last week of pureed so I've actually started to purée less and mash things. Such as a weight watchers cottage pie, it's mostly mash anyway so I just mashed it with a fork with gravy. I've tried all sorts.. Beans and sausages with cheese. Mash with cheese triangle melted in, pureed Sunday dinner, pureed mushy peas with gravy, pureed fish cake with mushy peas and also fish fingers (yum yum)! Just trying all sorts but can't wait for my next stage of soft foods. I just want to eat normal again!!

I was losing almost everyday but this is now my 4th week out and it's been a funny old week. I stalled and gained 1lb (constipation, sorry if TMI) and then went to the toilet and now lost 2lbs today. I'm done 2st 7lbs since pre-op. :)

How are you getting on? X

I'm feeling great thanks, went back to work on Wednesday, having to wear leggings instead of my normal uniform pants as they were rubbing on my tummy and causing pain. I'm still stalled though. I've lost 10kg since op but I've been stuck on 110kg for 2 weeks :( Im a nurse on a hospital ward so I've discussed this with EVERY poor doctor that I've encountered. I need to eat more! No chance when I'm in work as I'm up at 5.30 and not home until 7pm. Yesterday I managed 2 spoons of yogurt and 2 cheese triangles. I swear you can't pop for a wee in that place without a patient knocking on the door wanting something lol. In hospital (outsourced to private) I was told 2 weeks for each stage but my actual team said 3 weeks for each stage?? I'm ignoring that. Anyway I'm doing similar things to you, mash with cheese, carrot and swede with cheese, mashed egg mayo, ive found a tuna pate with soft cheese in Sainsburys which has amazing amounts of protein. I'm also eating those protein yogurts and dairylea light triangles. Also kiwi fruit as it seems to help my bowels as all this dairy is bunging me up :( . So glad to hear that you're doing well, losing most days must be an amazing feeling. I suppose it shouldn't be long before we're replacing our wardrobes with fabulous new clothes :) xx

Hi people sorry for taking so long inposting every time I came on I could never finish what I was posting so just gave it a miss till I had time and kids back at school yeahhhh lol finally anyway your all doing amazing still been catching up with progress on here , I'm doing really well and wished I had the opportunity to do things years ago however it's now and highly approved of in my experience my stats start weight of LCD 18st .5 lb I'm now 14st.12lb just over 6 weeks sleeved and learnt to stay off the scales as mine stopped moving daily after about 2 weeks post op I weigh when I'm feeling I need to which is probably once a week I found it much more encouragingwhatching the inches fall off rather than the disappointment of the scales not moving which at first really disheartened me so learnt to keep myself motivated by finding my clothes beingbaggy , exciting times ahead xx. I will post pics but still feel so ashamed at my biggest pics likeeverybody does I expect but really hard for me tolook at them if I had to advise anybody it woulddefinitely be don't get hung up on the scales !!

Great advice @jojo22674 !

We all feel the same about those largest pics!

Well done on the loss it’s coming off nicely.
I know what you mean about the pictures, I can’t believe how big I was when I look at my fat pictures. I don’t have many as I would avoid the camera.

Hi @jojo22674 Saw your pic on another post, you look amazing! I hate having my picture taken too so still haven't taken any of myself yet which i'm sure i will regret later.
I had my surgery at Spire like you too and had the same surgeon. I didn't have mine until the end of January though. How are you finding life after surgery so many months out?

Hi Victoria thank you so much it’s wonderful I love my sleeve can’t fault the spire or dr nijjar I’m due to see him next month for a check up so trying desperately to hit my goal weight by then , but if I dont hey ho lol I’ve stalled for the last couple of months but lost in inches which is so much more rewarding so the goal weight is more of a personal thing just because it was put there if you know what I mean . How are you getting on with it ? Would love to here how it’s been for you and are you local ? I met itsmepaula in there she had it done the same day as me but she came up from Essex and I’m still intouch with her xx

Aw that's great to hear! I remember her too. How is she doing? I was SO JEALOUS of you both when you were having your surgery in Birmingham because i was waiting for my surgery date at the time and it seemed to be taking forever! haha
I'm getting on really well with it really, I think. Considering myself pretty lucky from reading stories on here. I haven't had any "dumping" episodes and haven't had any problems with any protein foods or things getting stuck. Everything i've tried has been going down really well but i think that's partly because i'm scared about pushing it.
It seems like you're doing so well. You look so nice in your picture and you're so close to your target! I know what you mean about wanting to reach your goal weight. That's one reason why i haven't set mine yet. I have so much to lose i'm not sure what a realistic goal might be so i'm just going by the feel for now and setting myself mini targets.
I do live local! I'm in Castle Bromwich.

Back